Sign in to follow this  
enyap

ETA at T/D

A small point that in no way diminishes the huge amount of fun I'm now having with this after the latest patch, but I've noticed that the time given for the T/D on the crz page sometimes is not right and doesn't match that given for a nearby waypoint on the Prog page, or even the final destination. On one occasion the time for the T/D on the crz page was 10 minutes after I should have landed. Maybe something I'm doing.John

Guest ilh

That sounds like what used to happen before SU1.1. Do you have it installed properly?Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Guest EGCC

I had this problem prior to SU1.1 (ETA for T/D was after destination ETA!).Now after the patch it is better, but still incorrect. Just did a flight, fully programmed and in LNAV/VNAV, from Edinburgh to Gatwick and the ETA for T/D gradually changed during cruise from 1347z to 1342z then 1337z, eventually hit T/D at 1335z!As you said not a serious issue and it in no way detracts from my enjoyment of this amazing product, just a minor glitch.If you know the approximate distance from T/D to the waypoint after T/D just knock 3 minutes from that estimate for every 25 miles before the point and you can do a rough ETA for T/D in your head.

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Just did a flight, fully programmed and in LNAV/VNAV, from Edinburgh to Gatwick and the ETA for T/D gradually changed during cruise from 1347z to 1342z then 1337z, eventually hit T/D at 1335z!As you said not a serious issue and it in no way detracts from my enjoyment of this amazing product, just a minor glitch."Doesn't the real Smith's FMC update the TOD depending on winds it experiences in cruise? If so, this may not be a glitch at all.The Honeywell FMC blends pilot entered winds and actual winds to update predictions.Cheers.Ian.P.S. Folks.... Had a look at a Smiths FMC yesterday, in the Equipment Centre of a Classic 737, and couldn't believe how small it was compared to the Honeywell unit. Is it a simpler unit, or just more compact?

Guest EGCC

I had this problem again today flying EGKK-LEAL. T/D estimate was 0734z with LEAL arrival estimated at 0700z!Actual landing time was also well off initial estimate at 0651z, despite flying FMC speeds, levels and route all the way in. As the flight progressed, the FMC arrival estimate reduced all the time - shouldn't work like that.And I had no wind at all on the sector so that can't have caused the problem.Anyone from PMDG care to comment?

Would a real NG pilot like to comment on this? Who says that in the real world it will ALWAYS be right on the money? Being a tad off seems more likely although I am just guessing here. I do know that winds aloft etc that are not correcly imputed will show wrong etas.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi All, Although I am not a RW pilot, I will chance it and offer my input here: I hardly think that the T/D should vary as much as 30+ minutes from the start of the flight until the actual T/D. This will make any use of the Progress pages invalid, for instance if ATC allows you to decend at own discretion. ATC could be interested in the time you intend to start your decend. Today I did a flight from LGSA to EKCH and noticed the above mentioned effect. I am pretty sure I have patched the bird up to date as I have the path deviation indicator during the decend. My estimated T/D started out as being more than 10 minutes after the estimated landing in EKCH. True enough, as I got closer to the T/D, the estimated time just barely got right. All in all, there was approximately 30 minutes difference between the first reading of the T/D and to the correct T/D. Could this have something to do with the fact that my STAR includes vectors? I also noted that at some point I had tuned NAV2 to a VOR in front of my position. The indicator on the ND showed the VOR to be behind me while the DME indication for that VOR continued to decrease as I was travelling closer to the station. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Unfortunately I was not able to crab screen shots as I could not get the right sequence of keys for copying the screen to work right.Still, I truely love this bird!With kind regards, :-waveBoaz

Guest klucznik

Hello Ian, Are you thinking PS1.3 or the RW FMCs? I suspect the RW. Nice to see your name on the NG forum.Regards

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Are you thinking PS1.3 or the RW FMCs? I suspect the RW."I know real world (Honeywell) aircraft do it, Blais, because it's mentioned in the Bulfer Big Boeing FMC User's manual....but I'm not 100% sure if it is modelled in PS1 (Hardy has talked about the blending process on previous occasions). "Nice to see your name on the NG forum."Thanks. It's a small world, isn't it :-) Unfortunately, things are pretty slow in PS1-land ever since Hardy gave up developing PS1. I totally understand why he gave up... I just wish he'd figured it out sooner. I think everyone was expecting a Windows version.BTW, I came here to learn all about the 737NG from the experts (which I'm definitely not!). I'm flying by the seat of my pants at the moment... reading the Boeing Maintenance Manual as I go.Should be an interesting ride ;-)Happy flying.Cheers.Ian.P.S. After additional reading (in the Bulfer FMC manual for the NG), I see that the real Smiths FMC aircraft looks at actual wind and entered winds also... and blends them together up to 100nm ahead of the aircraft.

Guest Sartori23

I think there is an issue with the ToD ETA prediction. See attached screenshot. Notice the ToD ETA shown is about 1 hour later than the next waypoint. Something isn't quite right :)Carl Moore

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Notice the ToD ETA shown is about 1 hour later than the next waypoint. Something isn't quite right"I'm more worried about the fact that your TOD is 37 minutes later than your arrival in KGEG, Carl :-lolYou weren't abducted by aliens at some point were you??? That has strange effects on people's watches, I hear ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest klucznik

Hello again Ian, I am sure most of the folks on this forum will realize what a guru you actually are. You were a great source of information on PS1 and I sort of think you'll be that here also. It is also refreshing to read your tongue-in-cheek comments.Regards

Guest Sartori23

Yeah, that really spooked me. Rift in the space/time continuum perhaps. The aliens promised after the fiasco with the anal probe, that I would have no problems with missing time. So, I doubt they have anything to do with it. ;) Nice bunch of fellas really. Carl Moore