Sign in to follow this  
Guest eker

Shutdown to desktop

Guest eker

Worked OK with upgrade (incl navdata).Installed mini upgrade and PC locked up.Removed 737NG with uninstall.Reinstall with upgrade and miniupgrade. Selecting 737PMDG - the FS2004 shut down and PC instantly returns to desktop with no messages. Removed 737NG with uninstall.Reinstall with upgrade only (same config did work last week.)Selecting 737PMDG - the FS2004 shut down and PC instantly returns to desktop with no messages. eker :-(fs2004. Standard Dell 2.8Gig ATI 9700 pro. Win XP.

Guest eker

Hi Jan RSorry -same problem..

Guest Fortress

>I changed this line in fs9.cfg:>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 into TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400.>When I then selected the PMDG NG, fs9 quit into desktop.>I corrected this by lowering the number from 400 to 300. Mine works OK with the MULT set at 400.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest Ray CYYZ

Just a minor thing:Seeing as you have FS9, I have found it helpful to use the new "reset defaults" option found in the troubleshooting section of your FS9 menu after removing the NG prior to reinstall. It gets FS9 back to "out of the box" state and may help you past what you are seeing.Ray

Guest eker

Thank you for advice Ray - I may try this next week. This weekend is dedicated to flying!*I am just a plug&play guy. That is why I bought a new Dell two months ago - to avoid tinkering with files. Guess it must be a minor glitch from Dell installing XP that has a major impact on 737NG.If resetting (according to Ray)does not work - I will wait for next patch or 767PIC CoF version, whatever comes first!eker* Serious flying. Ford Trimotor and DH Comet in real weather. Dead reckon with clock. Flying along coastlines. Just reading map prior to T.O and memorize landmarks. No map allowed during flight. (Did I mention GPS?) If totally lost - pick an airport and ask for direction. Have a laugh when checking map after landing.