Sign in to follow this  

Autopilot Pitch Problems

Hi everyone...I'm having some very annoying problems with the Autopilot on both the -600 and -700 737's. When the AP is engaged, LNAV and Heading Select work perfectly. However when trying to use VNAV or Vertical Speed Select, the aircraft go nuts. When one of these are selected, the aircraft pitches up about 8 degrees then down 8 and so on. It does not matter what is put into the VS box or the MCP Alt, she continues to climb.I have tried this with the Autothrottle on and off, Elec/Autopilot Stab Trim in the "Normal" and "Cut Out" position and several other ways and all produced the same result. I have heard that some others are having pitch errors or VNAV problems.I have the 1-1 Update installed. One thing I noted is at the end of the installation of the 1-1 Update, it said something like "The file FS9PMDG737gauges.ini is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded.". So I don't know if that could be part of the problem. After that, I click ok and the install is complete.Running FS9 on Windows2000, Abit Board, AMD 3000+, 1GB Ram.Other than the Autopilot problems, the aircraft is very nice! Great job PMDG.Please Help!Chris DEck

I see your issue already. Please download this and run it: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/..._737_REMOVE.EXE You will then re-install the original base package and then the SU1-1. Once you see ANY message trying to update you know you have a problem. This will cure it though ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Thanks Randy,I'll give that a try......Chris