Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pittsburgh

For the pros: Flight planning

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi All, Yesterday I returned from Greece and was fortunate enough to sit in the cockpit during most of the cruize, the decend, approach and landing until we were parked at the gate. Among other things the pilots showed me was weather forecast for each of the waypoints in the flight plan showing winds at various altitudes at these waypoints. As I would like my flight planning to be a realistic as possible, of course within the limits that FS supports, I would like to be able to do the same for my simmed flights. Does anyone know of any tool or flight planner that can do the same? If no tool or planner exists, is it possible to download descriptions of winds at waypoints? Also, if the wind is known at, say two arbitrary waypoints in the flight plan, does the FMC average out the wind on the leg between the two waypoints? I mean you could have a leg of such a length that the wind at the two waypoints that define the leg are sufficiently different that you cannot just assume that wind at the first waypoint will make very inaccurate calculations if it is assumed that wind at the first waypoint will be the same until reaching the second waypoint.With thanks in advance, :-waveBoaz Lev

Hi Boaz,I think FSBuild does offer what you're looking for, in combination with ActiveSky and FSMeteo. I haven't purchased it myself yet-for budget reasons-but hopefully will do so soon.www.fsbuild.comCheers,Martijn

Guest OneTinSoldier

WeatherCenter(similar to FSMeteo) will retrieve and store information about the Weather at the points along your flight plan. You can take a look at it if you want at...http://www.simulationwidgets.com/Jim Richards

Boaz go for FSBUILD (payware version) great planner, also support for the PMDG format rte...Works with both Activesky or FSMETEO also with FS2004 (but then you need the beta build)Andr

André

Guest acroshaw

Hi there,the boeing fmc will calculate the winds back from the entry closest to your arrival point, so if you have an atis report from your destination you can enter the winds aloft there, and the winds aloft at your present location, and the fmc will do the rest. This will affect fuel predictions for vnav, so it is important as it helps the tin brain calculate the most economical desent path. Of course that all goes out the window when atc gives you vectors!regardsantps if you really want to understand the fmc, get the "big boeing fmc guide" or it's companion for the 737 by captain bill buffer, it's very in depth, but very good! Will even tell you how to do a black hole approach!!!