Sign in to follow this  

How to insert and activate a flightplan

Hi, i purchased the pmdg 737NG a few days ago along with the 767PIC Navdata. i tried creating a FP from Aruba( TNCA) to Surinam( SMJP).Do i have to insert waypoints, if yes where can i find those, and i keep getting the message that the route isn't active.Some help on how to create and activate a flightplan would really be appreciated.RegardsGerald

Guest Ray CYYZ

I'll give you a real simple one just to get the feel for it:(doesn't matter where your plane happens to be sitting on thr ground as the FMC really could not care less during pre-flight.A short little hop from Glasgow to LondonOn the Route page (press your route key on the FMC)For origin, press the keys to enter EGPF then press the LSK (left select key) beside the origin line (LSK1 in this case).For destination, press the keys to enter EGLL then press the RSK (right select key) beside the destination line (RSK1 in this case).Thats if to start ...Press the FMC button labelled DEP/ARR (Departure & Arrivals). You will be at the Index page now. As we need to set our departing runway at EGPF, you press the LSK that has . Select 09L then use RSK6 to return to your route page.You now have a complete route from takeoff runway through landing runway but you are not finished yet. It is only a planned! route. You will notice on the route page that there is an ACTIVATE> option. You need to select this (your exec button on the FMC will light up when you press it). Press your now lit EXEC button and your planned route is now your active route!To see why we entered the airway, press your LEGS button, and use NEXT PAGE to see all the extra points that were automatically entered for you by picking UA1 above. You'll see a bunch of legs that you certainly didn't have to type in. A real work saver!Ray

Guest dirk1000

Hi, GeraldThere is a very good tutorial by FRED CLAUSEN.File Description:PMDG 737NG Flight Tutorial. Will take your from cold and dark cockpit to FMC progamming to shutdown at your arrival airport. (JW)Filename: pmdg_737ng_flight_tutorial.zip License: Freeware Added: 5th August 2003 Downloads: 2114 Author: Fred Clausen Size: 188kb You can download from the AVSIM library.Hope helps for you.Dirk Trotteyn (SAN)

Thnx guys for your reply. i will surely try them out and let you know what i think of them.RegardsGerald

Ray..it worked.but where can i find all the airways and nav beacons?

Guest Ray CYYZ

Thats always a challenge!Many sources about:Real charts, FS9 has airways in the flight planner (can't remember if FS2002 had them), third party flight planners such as FSNavigator & FSBuild, more advanced commercial products like FliteStar to name just a few.Flight planning is a whole new exercise in complexity for the big boys. You can put as much effort into it as you feel like, making your own, or playing with ones someone else has already generated (FSBuild is great for that).You think flying the plane is the hard part, I've always found planning the trip tougher then flying it ;) More then a few times I have had the Jeppessen form filled in for the $1199 version of FliteStar and just sat there with my mouse hovering over the Confirm order button :-lolRay

Guest OneTinSoldier

Lol Ray! Man, that sounds like a lot of money to be considering spending. I can understand why you'd be hovering for a while.Jim Richards

Guest Ray CYYZ

You don't know the half of it, after conversion to my pathetic dollars, it is 1,660.97 and I'll probably get nailed with 15% sales tax too ... $1,910.12 !!! Can't I buy a plane for that ??? :-eekStill hovering needless to say ;)Ray