Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

newbie to 737

Guest rmce

OK I had the Dreamfleet 737. Upgraded to Fs9 and missed the 737 so much I got this PMDG one.Purchase and installation 100% problem free.Fs9 works well for me with defaults holding 20fps easily on my 2.4 and Gforce.So, how do I stop stuttering with PMDG

Guest Ray CYYZ

If you set your weights in the FMC, you can get away with being sloppy about the rest but really, you want to learn the FMC, it really is why one plays with the heavys ;)As far as panels, you sound just like me, didn't read the manual at all eh? That row of buttons with letters on them switch you around between the panel views toggling them in the proper order to keep things from overlapping. (don't use your <#>)The HTML pages will be hiding wherever you installed your FS version inside the ..PMDG737TNGDoc_source directoryCabin views, no ideas, my machine just isn't up to the task.Stuttering: take a look as some of the performance threads in here, there were some FS9 specific stuff, but understand, this plane adds a hefty footprint to FS, so you might have to relax a setting or two to make up for the overhead.Ray

Guest whites

As far as stuttering goes I know of three things to look for1. third party weather programs will cause stuttering at the moment2. having texture sliders set too high for the memory on a video card (massive and extended textures apparently require a 256mb card), many people have problem with it too high, many other don't3. I use the shift keys to change panels too, the trick is that bringing a new panel to front (using the shift keys) does NOT hide the previous panel, so if you are in view 1 and you open view 2, both views are being drawn and killing FPS. first close view 1 then open view 2 (shift 1 then shift 2 respectively)Good luck :-)Steven.

Guest rmce

Steven,Thanks for ideas.I caught on to the shift routine. Would rather need only one ahift hit.Thanks again,Rmce

Guest rmce

Ray,Manual? Of course I read the manual. I always read them. Remind me what they are again?The FMC stuff I accept. However it is probably just luck, but somehere somehow I managed to get aircraft on proper heading on last flight and have no idea how I did it!ROC is fun!! Gone are the days of climbing at any old ROC!! Gotta think it out now. Taking up the occupation of deep earth gardening! Becoming an expert at this.(lol)Thanks,rmce

Sir, please sign each post with your real name, if you have not already read the forum guigelines, please take a minute here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2402&page= The Upper panel looks fine to me (clear) and I have not read any concerns (not one about the Overhead expect yours). PMDG is not changing the overhead panel graphics. You can fly this 737NG by conventional means if you desire. But if you are asking to fly this 737 using other unrealistic (not done on the real NG) ways I would say no. But you can add a GPS unit if you know how to but will not get any support doing so. It might seem a bit at first but learning the FMS is very rewarding, there are many here on the forum that can help you along in this regard (if in fact you have not learned for the NG). [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest rmce

Randy,Thanks for reply.Getting clearer upper panel now! Didn't change anything, just with each boot possibly video card getting its act together! (I find this with Fs9 and XP!I accept FMC is essential, and did get into it with Dreamfleet 737, but could never get a fully executed flight!Its just me, but I cannot figure registration stuff for FSUIPC or your 737. I shall keep looking at your extensive www pages. Added new livery and cannot find link to .cfg help files on WWW.Must be information overload! Two things at once slow the cerebal processor! ;(Ronald McEachenGlasgow

Guest klucznik

Hello Ronald, Adding a new livery on the 737NG is probably the simplest I have ever seen. If you send me your email address I will send you a simple BEFORE/AFTER aircraft.cfg so you get the hang of the method. My emails addr is: marbla@naisp.netRegards

Hello Ronald.Re what and how to register. If I recall correctly a version of FSUIPC is installed during the installation process of the PMDG bird IF an older (or none) version is found. You do NOT have to register (i.e. pay) anything to have the basic FSUIPC functionality. If you choose to do so anyway (this will get you full functionality of the FSUIPC) I can recommend going to Peter Dowsons site (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) and from there click in the Support Forum link (somewhere in the top left part of the site).As for how to register the PMDG B737, the developers have a bunch of info at the bottom of their Support Centre (http://www.precisionmanuals.com/PAGES/737support.htm).If there is anything that needs clarification, just say the word. :)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest rmce

<>Are women rational?My wife is accusing me of the 10 thousand yard scare, somehwere between demented and thoughtful. She thinks is something to do with a new simmy thingy.Huh. Women what do they know!Ronald McEachen

Hehehe. Tell her flight simming it's much better than surfing for naughty picures on the web lol.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

:D :DPMDG, please begin work on a Precision Manual on WOMEN!!! There

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest rmce

"What the hell is it doing now?!".Who knows but one thing is clear, whatever you are doing is the wrong thing!Ronald McEachen