Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman2

A Day Wasted.....................

Guest flynman2

The title of the topic describes it all.This morning I decided that today I was going to be patient and start all over from scratch at trying to get the NG running as smooth as possible.I downloded the remove tool and directed it to my FS9 folder and pressed the start button and WAHLA!!!!!...all of the NG folders and content were GONE.I then rebooted my pc and reinstalled the NG back to my FS9 folder rebooted and then applied the SP1.1 to it and added back my SIDSTAR DATA and rebooted........Loaded FGS9 and the NG then choose to depart KGEG rny 3.......WELL!!!!!!...the NG accelerated nicely but when I went to rotate to 8dgrs and was 200 ft off the NG stalled and hit the ground......I tried this over about 7 times adjusting fuel and W&B......WELL!!!....No Joy.So!!!!!.... I did a complete reinstall using the above process tried flying it without the SP1.1 and was suprised that my frame rates actully were acceptable.......BUT!!!!.....the FMC would not let me load a FP.So!!!!!!...I went ahead and loaded the full SP1.1 update and reintalled my SIDSSTAR data and went back to KGEG and and proceded to try a flight to KSEA........are You Ready?????.......now I neither can get the N1 to stay alive but now I cant get the SIDSTAR data to work properly without a error message telling me a INT doensnt exsist....AND!!!!!!......the NG will not accelerate even when I use my throttle lever on my CHYOKE and I even check to see if it was in calibration.I have never been so frustrated with a peice of software my only other thought is to reinstall FS9 alltogether.....YES...that means....Another Day Wasted.Not to start a flame match here but now I really am saddened that PSS didnt release the A330/340 this weekend at least I know I would be enjoying FS9 for what I bought it for.If anyone can get me the link to the SP1 update I would be happy to try that again as it wasnt as big of a problem in my case.SignedRandy Smith

Guest Ray CYYZ

Randy, out of the box since you did a fresh install, the FS9 configuration of the 737 is overweight and will drop like a stone. Either boot out from passengers or dump some fuel then see it you are ok.Ray

Guest flynman2

Did that.......still going down. Also once again when I depress the N1 switch it does not stay lit instead it bounces over and lights up the SPEED light..Randy

RandyIt sounds as if you have a corrupted installation file or possible corrupted patch installer. Are you getting any error messages when you install the patch? If no then I recomend downloading the full SU 1-1 update (15 meg file) and try installing that over your fresh install. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Ray CYYZ

Ok, N1 you say eh?Autothrottle is doing you in.When N1 kicked off to Speed and you could see yorur MCP speed, did it look like a flashing A on the left digit? I seem to have managed to do what you did by not setting speeds correctly which resulted in the automatic increase of the MCP speed setting as the plane switched through modes leaving the MCP speed set to V2 AFTER takeoff and the plane literally wanted to stop flying.I am not a 737 expert so I can't tell you want happened to cause this, but I can tell you that the speed bug gets commanded all over the place during takeoff. N1 thrust will attempt to match this speed bug. Any settings wrong will produce a speed bug that is wrong and will result in N1 actually cutting power at the very time you need it leaving you to do a belly flop.I know what you did as I have done exactly the same. I do know know what I did to correct it, but it was a procedure thing, not a software thing.Perhaps one of the real experts can jump in and explain what causes the ND speed ref setting to stay fixed at V2 and not adjust the MCP...Ray

Guest flynman2

Paul,I did do a fresh install of the NG as well as a full(15MEG) SU1.1 update....still having problems.Can you give me a leftover SU1.0 update link I did not have the problems Im having with SU 1.1Randy

Randy,Unfortunately I believe it has been pulled down. Will check with Robert but I HIGHLY doubt that will fix the problems your seeing. What you describe sound ALOT like a corrupted gauge file. It may be that one of the installation files is damaged so I would recomend getting new copies of the 3 base files from our website and sending a note to registration@precisionmanuals.com with your order number and I will reset your link for your .exe. file. Hopefully this will cure the problems your seeing.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Ray CYYZ

Randy, I have finally been able to reproduce your problem.It is caused by clicking on the CMD button to engage the autopilot with the autopilot disconnect level in the down position. Aircraft goes into an insane fly up and air speed plummets to nothing. It takes pushing the stick to the stops and quite a lot of stunts to regain control of the aircraft.Not exactly sure what should happen when one does this, but this certainly does not seem to be a logical thing.Ray