Sign in to follow this  
Guest Penguin100

SID-How to enter altitude constraints

Guest Penguin100

Hi!I manipulate the MEAD TWO DEPARTURE SID for KLAS Rwy. 19L/R to the following:SID RW19L.MEAD2.GFS RNW 19L HDG 191 UNTIL 3 FROM NAVAID LAS HDG 360 UNTIL RADIAL 280 FROM NAVAID LAS NAVAID BLD NAVAID GFSIs it possible to enter an altitude constraint? I want that the aircraft cross the radial 280 at 7000 feet. I tried to use the follwoing string but the FMC reports an error:SID RW19L.MEAD2.GFS RNW 19L HDG 191 UNTIL 3 FROM NAVAID LAS HDG 360 UNTIL RADIAL 280 FROM NAVAID LAS 7000 NAVAID BLD NAVAID GFSIs there any way to use the altitude constraint?Thanks,TomBerlin, Germany

Guest Penguin100

Hi!Could you please give me an example. Simply use my example!SID RW19L.MEAD2.GFS RNW 19L HDG 191 UNTIL 3 FROM NAVAID LAS HDG 360 UNTIL RADIAL 280 FROM NAVAID LAS 7000 NAVAID BLD NAVAID GFSWhere to put the speed constraint? After 7000, before 7000. Just modify my string, please.Thanks,TomBerlin, Germany

Maybe I spoke to soon! PMDG are working on this as we speak, after you load the plan just input the constraint/spd on the LEGS page. You can put 220/6000 but you cannot use soft constraints 220/6000B or /6000A. Just make sure you input both SPD and ALT... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Penguin100

Thanks,Tom NoackBerlin, Germany

Guest tmetzinger

>> Maybe I spoke to soon! PMDG are working on this as we speak,>after you load the plan just input the constraint/spd on the>LEGS page. You can put 220/6000 but you cannot use soft>constraints 220/6000B or /6000A. Just make sure you input both>SPD and ALT...No soft constraints? That explains the problem I was having with the BWI SWANN3.OOD SID. The altitudes encoded in the SID (which I didn't alter) are the minimum altitudes for each segment, but are not mandatory. I tried to change them to being soft constraints by entering 250/2000A, 250/8000A, and got VNAV disconnects.Do soft constraints work at all yet?

Guest Ray CYYZ

:-lol ---> Randy (hey, you are suposed to talk about the version we have, not your Anthony feature list for the BBJ!)Currently, you can put a hard constraint in, but no support yet for a Above/Below tag. See the Altitude cap on the end of this one?SID NGY1J RNW 05 NAVAID GLG HDG 320 INTERCEPT RADIAL 240 FROM NAVAID PTH HDG 240 UNTIL RADIAL 020 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 240 UNTIL RADIAL 013 FROM NAVAID TRN HDG 225 INTERCEPT RADIAL 008 FROM NAVAID TRN NAVAID NORBO NAVAID NGY 6000Syntax in the Non-Randy :-lol version is NAVAID/FIX Ray

Guest Penguin100

Hello Ray!Do you think that PMDG will suppport the Above/Below (soft constraints) in future versions?TomBerlin, Germany

Guest Ray CYYZ

Give it time Tim, odds are pretty good, but there are obviously more pressing matters like making sure some of the folks here with international versions can actually fly the bird before moving on to new features.It seems to me that they plan on doing the entire line of NG's all the way up through the BBJ (mobile palace). Having watched Anthony work on the old PMDG 777 for Fly!, not a patch came out that he didn't not only fix stuff, but sneak in new features.Just my two cents after watching PMDG in action of the past 5 (been that long???) years.As I have always said, it is a true measure of a team of how they perform when things go wrong that counts, anyone can look good when nothing goes wrong.Ray

Guest tmetzinger

>Give it time Tim, odds are pretty good, but there are>obviously more pressing matters like making sure some of the>folks here with international versions can actually fly the>bird before moving on to new features.>No complaints... I can work around the lack of soft constraints for now.I'm really having a ball with this airplane - I'm going to use it as part of the professional pilot curriculum I teach.

Guest Penguin100

Hello!Another question:SID RW19L.MEAD2.GFS RNW 19L HDG 191 UNTIL 3 FROM NAVAID LAS HDG 360 UNTIL RADIAL 280 FROM NAVAID LAS NAVAID BLD NAVAID GFSThe plane turns right to reech 360 after 3 DME of LAS. But when it touchs LAS Radial 280 it doesn

Guest mmcevilley

>The plane turns right to reech 360 after 3 DME of LAS. But>when it touchs LAS Radial 280 it doesn

Hello TimCan I get that curriculum too, one more thing can you please write a tutorial(if it is not to much to ask ;-)) really enjoy reading from your posts,very helful.regardsNoboru3.0ghz p4/ddr800 1 gig ram/gforce4