Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Departure Gate/parking: NOT in DATABASE ERROR!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,when entering data in FMC i am asked to enter departure Gate/parking n# and when i enter, for example, A4 i get an error message: NOT in DATABASE :-(Is there a way to add data into FMC DB to avoid that boring error?Thanks as usual for any input

Guest Ray CYYZ

Gates are stuck in the SID/STAR file for the airport, if you don't have a sid/star, you will not have a gate.Ray

Guest KFD

I too get this. Every time I use a PMDG aircraft no matter what airport I'm flying from the FMC tells me its not in the database. I'm new to using FMCs as I've always liked the smaller stuff but now I'm getting frustrated. I've checked my PMDG folder and found the sids/stars folder and all the airfields are in there - Anyone please pass on advice/help/pointers? Gratefully accepted,KFD:-newbie

Guys- You must sign your posts with your names on this forum if you expect any help, thanks. The IRS is already set, you do NOT have to enter this information. In the next Phase of the project (800-900 series) we might see the addition of the aft overhead (IRS) panel and the option to manually enter the IRS position. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

OK, lets see if I can help you out here,Open the txt-file for your airport from the sidstars directory.Scroll down and insert the name and the position(latlon) of the gates you want to use between GATES and ENDGATES (as in sids/endsids)That should solve the not in database, but on a brighter note, you don't really need it anymore because your position is easily confimed after the patches by simply selecting the L1 in init refWillem

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you all for explanation.CheersLuigi ;-)

Guest klucznik

Hi Folks, Can we not make a dummy SID for a given airport, mine is KPVD and doesn't have a gate in the database, and build one using the proper coordinates using another SID as a template? I sure hope so.RegardsKILL THIS MESSAGE as Willem has already provided a method of meeting this gate requirement.Thanks