Sign in to follow this  
Guest charlie130

One of the best mods I have made...

Guest charlie130

simple, but I thought that the original ground roll sound that ships with 737NG was rather 'lame'.So, I took this file from the default FS9 sounds...C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Soundcnroll3.wavrenamed it to 737roll.wav, then over wrote the file below.C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-700sound737roll.wavTurned up the cockpit and environment volume sliders, and presto! Now it sounds like we're driving down the runway in a big jet!:)C130

First you have not signed your name as the forum guidelines state, second you calling someone's work "lame" shows me a bit about you.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Ray CYYZ

Funny thing is that PMDG generally goes on the real aircraft and records the actual sounds then uses them.You just replaced their pretty sounds of reality with Microsoft's "we're not going to pay Boeing for sound insulation" version :-lolRay

Guest Fortress

Actually I'm rather impressed by the PMDG sounds!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest charlie130

Blimey! Randy, get back in your box mate!:)Where I come from the expression 'lame' is not meant as an insult, it merely means 'not as meaty' as I would like. I just happen to prefer the sound that I specified and I thought that some of you might agree too. Just making a contribution, sorry you thought it was negative.As for my name.... well, I have been posting here for years under various handles due to forgotten password etc:) No one has complained yet about me not signing my 'personal' name! Anyway, just for the record my name is Luke, and I am a UK ATPL and Flight Instructor.Best wishesC130 (Luke) :)

Guest charlie130

Yes, I agree, I just didn't like the ground roll sound. The rest are fantastic.C130 (Luke)

Why is it that everybody, it seems including moi, are so touchy when it comes to flight sim and our opinions of it?Maybe because we spend an incredible amount of time on it and a wad of cash that would get us a slap if certain persons found out !! 'LMAO :-)

No problems Luke, the point is that in this forum you must sign your posts each time, not just once. It's not personal, we all have to follow the rules. Where I come from the word "LAME" is nothing but a put down, while it's quite true that in the UK etc it could be as you state so maybe keep that in mind or some will take it the wrong way. If I was to visit the UK I am sure many would laugh at my name (You will not find Randy in the UK) hehe. Cheers [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]