Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman2

A Screenshot for what its Worth

Guest flynman2

Well after I geuss a weekend of nonstop blabbering about my NG Woes I must say thanks to Paul for suggesting I reremove my NG install in my FS 9 folder and redownload a new set(3)of base installers and reinstall and reaply the SU1.1 update.Well that seem to take care of quite of few issues for me my only problems now seem to be consistant fuel warnings with 1/2 full tanks, a few SIDSTARS that need ammending and YES!!!!!...FRAMERATES.I get great framerates in the spot plane view and when cruz-ing at FL 240 and above but on takeoff/landing and below FL240 my framerates dip below 14 FPS I am only using the 2D cockpit view.When my framerates are good they are 20-24 FPS and on APP they sink to 8-12 and studder and these are at less detailed cities/airports(KGEG/PANC). I have a MSI 6350E MOBO, 512 PC2700 DDRam, a GF4 Ti4200 64mg VCard........any suggestions on how to pump it up without comprimising scenery.Here is a screenshot of my longest trip yet in the NG...CYVR/PANC 3.0 hours....it is taken over the ANC VOR with PANC in the background. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/34453.jpgI hope it begins to make up for my perpetual ranting Ive done this weekend.Randy

Guest Ray CYYZ

Nice shot!Have you tried the standard tweeks for FS9.CFG yet?in the TextureAGP=0PanelAsTexture=0It got me enough of a boost to be able to go up a step in resolution on my old beater. Now running at 1280x1024 instead of 1024x768.Ray

Guest tmetzinger

The three great upgrades:New Video Card - I doubled my frame rates when I went from an Nvidia 5200 (not the Ultra) to the ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 128. Fabulous.More Memory - by adding more memory you reduce the need for paging to disk.Faster CPU - self explanatory.I'd try a video upgrade first.