Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Riddell

FSB/NS Chime Logic and Attendant Call.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Just wondering if the Fasten Seat Belt "AUTO" logic is modelled in PMDG?Shouldn't the Fasten Seat Belt chime sound when you move the switch from OFF to AUTO on the ground with the flaps up? Shouldn't the chime also sound (when in Auto) in the air when you retract the flaps to UP and again, when you extend the flaps? (I don't know for sure, but the wiring schematics seem to suggest this).No Smoking may be different on some 737's because they hardwire the No Smoking lights on. How is this modelled in PMDG? (I haven't got the program which allows me to wander through the cabin).Regarding the Attendant Call system, shouldn't pushing the button on the overhead panel generate a HI/LO chime (Ding-Dong), rather than just a HI chime (Ding)?One thing which surprised me was the fact that the Ground Call horn still works in the air on the real aircraft (according to the Boeing schematics). Other aircraft, such as the 747-400, the horn is inhibited in the air.Thanks for any responses.Cheers.Ian.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Tried this out on a Classic, last night.... Oddly, the FSB switch sounded the chime at every selection... OFF to AUTO to ON to AUTO to OFF. The NS switch was somewhat different. I couldn't figure out the logic (Unfortunately, I didn't have time to jot down the results of my tests).The Attendant call was as a two tone chime, but I can't recall if it was HI-LO or LO-HI. The second part of the chime was barely audible, and that was with the cockpit door open.Cheers.Ian.

Ian,Well if you want a way to completeIy over complicate a simple sign circuit, here ya go :-)I found the circuit in my 757 SSM and I think it is similar logic. If both the FSB and NS sign selectors are in Auto, both signs will illuminate if the Flaps are not up. If the FSB is OFF or ON (not Auto) and the NS sign is in Auto then only the Nose Gear down and lock will illuminate the NS signs. The FSB sign will only illuminate if the flaps are not up in Auto. Of course the wild card is the Oxygen masks deployed circuit which will turn on both signs regardless of switch position. Any Questions??? Yeah, who the heck designed this thing??? *:-*RegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest BrunoF

Hi Paul,Are you guys planning to update this minnor thing for the next upcoming patch?ThanksBruno Francescoli.

Guest Ian_Riddell

"I found the circuit in my 757 SSM and I think it is similar logic." I wouldn't get in to the trap of using another aircraft diagram when programming a 737NG sim, Paul ;-).... May I contact you privately... I may have something you are looking for."If both the FSB and NS sign selectors are in Auto, both signs will illuminate if the Flaps are not up."Er... not according to my NG diagrams. The NS sign is only affected by the Gear position. Is there a blocking diode in your circuit?"If the FSB is OFF or ON (not Auto) and the NS sign is in Auto then only the Nose Gear down and lock will illuminate the NS signs."The 737NG SSM's seem to be different in this respect. On the NG, I think you have to treat the signs/switches independently.FSB in AUTO:Flaps Up. Gear Down. Sign ONFlaps NOT Up. Gear Down. Sign ON.Flaps NOT Up, Gear Up. Sign ON.Flaps Up, Gear Up. Sign OFF.Decompression. Sign ONNS in AUTO:Gear UP. Sign OFF.Gear Down. Sign ON.Decompression. Sign ON" (In Auto) The FSB sign will only illuminate if the flaps are not up..."Gear Down will also affect the sign in my circuit. (as well as the decompression relay). You can land with the flaps up (in abnormal situations), yet still have the FSB sign illuminate." Of course the wild card is the Oxygen masks deployed circuit which will turn on both signs regardless of switch position."The 737NG SSM's seem to be different in this respect. The OFF position will always override the signs ON signal from the decompression relay. I would have thought that this would have been basic design philosophy being able to override something which is happening automatically?Cheers.Ian.P.S. I have the feeling that because the FSB/NS switches have distinct poles, moving the switch away from one position to another causes a temporary loss of signal in most cases, and this is interpreted as a change in sign command, so each switch movement generates a chime. This is applicable to the Fasten Seat Belt. Re the aircraft I was carrying out my tests on, I'd say that the No Smoking sign may have been modified somewhat to accommodate new No Smoking regs(?)

Hi Ian" wouldn't get in to the trap of using another aircraft diagram when programming a 737NG sim" Yep, I know better than that :-)"May I contact you privately... I may have something you are looking for."Absolutely, Drop me note at pgollnick@precisionmanuals.comRegardsPaul Gollnick :-CoolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg