Sign in to follow this  
Guest cactuscap

SID/Star's still not viewable

Guest cactuscap

Still no SID / STAR

Guest Ray CYYZ

Did you put the sid/star files in the ..PMDGSIDSTARS directory?They do not go in the ..FMCWP directory where the navdata was installed.These are a completely separate set of files that you can download or create yourself airport by airport.Ray

Guest cactuscap

Ray,Thanks for the reply.I know this is not as complicated as I am making it. Randy Smith says to make a

Sean,You seem to miss some files in the FMCWPNavData folder. Should be more than those seen there. Download a new copy and try again. Other than that all files seems to be in their right place!Hope it helps,

Guest cactuscap

Matt,Thanks for the quick response!Per Randy Smith, I downloaded the 0308 file to the newly created FMCWP/NAVDATA folder. All of the text files were installed in the NAV.... file, but SID's still did not appear in the DEP/ARR page of the FMC. Based on another recommendation, I moved the files into the SIDSTAR folder of PMDG -- as depicted. Then I get a runway error when putting an airport on the route page.Okay ... I have since reinstalled the airport text files *back* into the NAV.... folder. But without the sid'sWhat files should be in the SIDSTAR folder? Does the "NetBios" issue still exist? Should I download a file *other* than the 0308 file to make this darn thing work? Should I lock myself in a rubber room?Thanks for the help

Guest cboyes

SeanIn the FWCWP/NAVDATA folder, in addition to the airports.dat file you should also have some additional files with names like (I'm doing this from memory) wpFixes.txt, wpNavaids.txt, wpAirways.txt and one other that I can't think of just now. Okay, I probably haven't remembered the names exactly correctly but I'm pretty sure about the 'wp' and '.txt' parts. In any case you don't appear to have these files and you definitely do need them.

Guest cactuscap

Craig,Thanks for the input

Guest cactuscap

Mats -- Thanks ... that was one combination I had not tried ... viola!Though a few bugs are being discovered, I can now read the SID/STAR data.Thanks for the input folks!Sean