Sign in to follow this  

Push back

Guys,I am having a lot of fun with this plane and with the support of the PMDG team it can only get better!However, I am experiencing a strange behaviour of which I am not certain whether it is an issue with the 737.If I do a push back I am not able to make the plane turn left or right (by pushing 1 or 2 on the main keyboard).With other planes I have no problems.Any thoughts?Marco

Guest tmetzinger

>Guys,>>I am having a lot of fun with this plane and with the support>of the PMDG team it can only get better!>>However, I am experiencing a strange behaviour of which I am>not certain whether it is an issue with the 737.>>If I do a push back I am not able to make the plane turn left>or right (by pushing 1 or 2 on the main keyboard).>>With other planes I have no problems.>>Any thoughts?>>>MarcoI wonder if the problem with the doors (opening exit 2) is related? If there's something going on with this aircraft that makes the sim ignore the subsequent (1,2) keypresses after you select pushback or an exit?

Hi gents,There does seem to be a problem with doors and pushback, but it is intermitant, and we have yet been able to identify what is causing it.Other users (myself included) have learned that remapping a key for the doors seems to work consistantly (for example, instead of shift_E for door selection, I have mapped "V", and V_2 opens the cargo doors for me every time).As far as pushback is concerned, I personally have not has as much luck. Using the same method as on the doors, the results have been less promising. We'll keep you posted as we attempt to identify the unerlying issue.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest jdrago

Has the pushback issue ever been solved, or has anyone suggested a good workaround so that we can use the default Shift-P (1 or 2), or a re-mapped keystroke? Some of the gates are tight!I did a search, but didn't find anything that had a solution.Thanks in advance :)John

Guest tmetzinger

>Look at this topic! It adds a good pushback gauge to your>radio panel!>I love it! Works every time and it will turn your aircraft>left or right in the push back!!>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=33599&page=13>unfortunately it didn't work for me using FS9. I installed it several times with no luck, but perhaps I'll try once more.As for the "normal" pushback, the problem (along with the doors) is caused by the complexity of the code running in the various gauges in the PMDG 737 (according to Pete Dowson). FS is set up to "hear" the pushback or door command, and then expects NOTHING else until it "hears" the modifier key.With all the things going on in PMDG, FS almost always receives another input and that terminates the pushback/door command without the modifier.I've learned to live with it, and just push straight back, although I might try the gauge again.

Guest thscholz

Timothy,in the library there is a newer version for FS9. Maybe you have an old version. I use it with the PMDG 737NG in FS9 and it works fine.Pushing back and turning at a given angle and then maintaining the taxi speed...everything works.GreetingsThomas

LS,Being the author of the freeware "groundhandling" gauges, I may have a lead why things like PushbackTurn is not working properly sometimes.(I don't own your 737NG but I have seen that effect in many other addon aircraft)Usually this is caused by a gauge that is continuously (=repeat frequency < 0.5 sec) firing events to FS, which causes FS not to recognise the 'modifier" keystroke after such a command.E.g.: if after the Shift-P pushback command FS receives another event from another gauge (or user keyboard/button input) BEFORE the user gives the "1" or "2" modifier key, the latter is ignored by FS.And this applies to all such "composite" commands, like Pushback, SelectDoor, SelectEngine, etc...Which also explains why it works sometimes / sometimes not: if you give the modifier command quick enough, it works ...Of course it could be another thing causing it, but my suggestion is that you have a closer look if one of your gauges is behaving this way. If so, there always a way around this by, before issueing an event, first testing if the event is accually necessary.E.g: if a gauge wants to set the Smokesystem OFF, don't give continuous SMOKE_OFF events, but only give the event after testing that the Smokesystem is actually ON.Same goes for throttle commanding, etc etc...Regards, Rob Barendregt.

Guest jumpjet

I think the FS9 compatible pushback guage you are referring to is rcbgh-32.zip, available from the AVSIM library.Graham

Guest JonSkiffington

Rob,That's good information to know. One can imagine how many things are going on in the background that may convince FS that another key has been pressed.With that being said, does anyone have any ideas as to what panel, gauge, or such might be causing the issue? I've tried re-assinging my pushback and door keys to different mappings, but I've not had any luck yet. Next will be to try adjusting panel refresh rates.Jon (KSEA)

Just to add to this thread.I have used Rob's gauge since he released the FS9 version and have never had a problem.I have just made sure it works after opening the main exit and it works fine.Main exit is the default key (SHIFT+E). Aircraft on stand with only battery and gnd pwr on, open door. Close door, start APU and put APU gen on bus. Complete before pushback checks and remove gnd pwr.Bring up pushback gauge, switch on audio and set pushback distance and turn. Start pushback and during pushback you can start the engines which I think is either a bit tricky or not possible using the default keys.Like anyone who dosen't have the problem I don't understand why Tim and others are :-)The pushback file I have is rcbgh-31.zipHTH, you may need to reinstall the p/b gauge or check what else you may be doing during p/b other than starting engines.Rob, many thanks for the gauge, I enjoy using it in FS2k2 and now FS9.

Guest jdrago

I saw that there was a 32 version of the the file as well. I'm assuming the latter is better?Thanks,John

>I saw that there was a 32 version of the the file as well. >I'm assuming the latter is better?>>Thanks,>>JohnJust had a look at the description of V32 John and it looks as if it mainly fixes a brake problem which I know Rob mentioned in an earlier release - something about the brakes locking on under certain conditions.Although I have never had a problem with the brakes I will download the newer version see if it improves anything - can it :-)V31 does what I want without a problem but I only use the p/b bit.

Guest tmetzinger

Well I reinstalled the pushback gauges, and RTFM, and it works correctly now.Thanks for the tip!

Hi Vulcan,The only thing different in the -32 version is the Taxispeed gauge, not Pushback.It solves the problem of "stuck brakes" when you use the Taxispeed2004.xml gauge in combination with toebrakes pedals AND FSUIPC.Rob