Sign in to follow this  
Guest acroshaw

new mcp panel for cockpit builders

Guest acroshaw

Hey guys,I have been directed to this site where development of a new 737 mcp is nearing completion, apparently it will be "slightly" cheaper than the aerosoft 747 mcp - see what you think!antwww.cpflight.com

Now that is simply beautiful! I hope it works as good as it looks. In fact, it looks almost exactly like the MCP on the PMDG's NG. So there is no set price yet eh? The Aerosoft MCP while very nice was a bit to expensive for the average simmer (poor flight simmer like myself), hopefully this will be in my range ;) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest mmcevilley

>Hey guys,>I have been directed to this site where development of a new>737 mcp is nearing completion, apparently it will be>"slightly" cheaper than the aerosoft 747 mcp Here is the unedited response to an inquiry made on the product:PMDG 737NG is not supported by our MCP; we intend extend compatibility with PMDG shortly and provide a firmware upgrade. At present we had no contact yet with PMDG staff, we are going to do it.We are producing the first set of MCP. Only for first pieces we are fixed a price of 449 euro including backlighting panel; delivery will start in October. Price do not include import duty and sales tax may apply in your country; payment, terms and condition will be availables on website shortly. -michael

Guest tmetzinger

I'd be happier if it were USB instead of RS232.Also, the problem with PMDG and other add-ons is that they don't have keystrokes for some of their functions, so unless it's possible to get to the "guts" of the PMDG code, interfacing add-on hardware.I'd sure like it if in future releases of the NG there would be a .ini file or some other way to assign keystroke combinations to actions like TOGA, MCP commands, etc.

Guest JamieG

yea but still 449 euros is just under 500 US, its a shame I don't have that kinda money to shell out for an MCP. I really wished one would be like 150-225 range, I would love to by an MCP like that. (I am saving all of my money for actual flight training :-)) It really looks like an excellent product though, I sure hope it is successful. I cannot imageine the time that went into that!

Guest mikealpha

Looks very nice, but for me it somewhat lives or dies with PMDG support. I wouldn't want to spend additional money for Project Magenta software, if I would find out later it wasn't necessary.While I'm at that subject, Lefteris had announced "something for cockpit builders" a while ago. That sounds great of course, but before it isn't specified what will be included, all external hardware decisions and planning for cockpit building is somewhat grounded.So any info on this subject from PMDG would be much appreciated.Mike

Hi Pilots!At first congratulations for your very nice looking B737MCP - although I

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Achim, Where do you see that it is only 80% of the original size? Have been browsing their site and cannot find anything stating that.Thanks, Boaz

Guest Bud

Tim,It is perfectly possible to run the NG with sort of simulated key strokes. I use the NG as my home cockpit currently. Umm, maybe that's a bit too grandiose! Anyway partly I use a full set of GoFlight units which take care of lights, radio, gear flaps and various miscellaneous functions. It helps that you can now program the GF-P8 units. For the remainder, I use a cockpit type unit which I built myself based around a Hagstrom 72. This has a mixture of push switches, single and dual toggle switches and rotary encoders take care of heading, alt, course etc. This way I don't have to use the mouse or keyboard at all. Actually works quite well.BTW just loved your tutorial. Used it with MS ATC - that's interesting.Bud

Hi Boaz!Oh sure, klick on "PRODUCTS", scroll a bit downwards an read:"The front panel is silk screen coated, the dimensions are 412 mm width and 68 mm height..."The real dimension which I really know are 470mm width and 80mm heigh.The answer from cpflight on my question to this fact was: 80% scaled due to a lower price for the customers. (not a quote but the major content)Regards, Achim