Sign in to follow this  
Guest nwabri

Crash to Desktop after any changes..is this normal?

Guest nwabri

Everytime I make a change to the 737NG, ie Navdata, or even adding liveries to the plane, if I do not reboot the computer it crashes to the desktop when I load up FS9...Is this normal? Is there something I am missing? It isnt a big deal of course to reboot the computer, but it does concern me a little bit, and can be a bit tiresome...Thanks in advance.Brian A. Neuman

Hello Brian, No that is not normal! Can you make sure your navdata is correctly installed? Look in your FMCWP/NAVDATA folder and see if you have ANOTHER folder called NAVDATA. If you do you will need to remeove the contents from it and place then into the first NAVDATA folder. If that does not work, can you tell me what operating system you are running? Windows XP, ME or 98?Thanks[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest nwabri

Nah..The Navdata is installed properly. And I have no general problems running the aircraft. It runs smooth, and every thing works, but as I said, after I installed the NavData it crashed to the desktop until I rebooted, and then I added a new livery (Delta NNC, -700) and when I had that loaded it crashed to the desktop till I rebooted.I am running Win XP-SP1 on aP4 2.8 800 FSBAsus P4P800 Deluxe MB1.0 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDRTi4400 GeForce4 128MB(This is homebuilt)Those are the specs...I am not bashing the product mind you, it is fantastic, but I am concerned with the crashing.

Guest JamieG

I had this too--any ideas?

Guest rellehenk

I HAD this problem too.But it disappeared :( (after SU1.1 ??)

Guest pez_man

Yeah, I have this problem too, as soon as I add a new livery and change the aircraft.cfg I have to reboot the computer, if not my 737 crashes fs to desktop. Not a very big deal, but does anyone have a clue about why this happends?? (And the navdata is where it's supposed to be, and the latest patch is installed!) Otherwise I love this plane more and more, just tried it with active camera and the virtual cockpit+cabin is really something extra! :-)rgrds/fredrik granfors

Guest Paragon

I get it too. Does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong?

Guest airtel

I've had the same problem, except mine occured when I load RC v3.1.I have the aircraft ready in all aspects. I then listen to the atis within RC which also triggers the fs9 atis so I have one machine playing fs9's atis and my networked laptop playing Rcv3.1's atis I then deselect VHF box 1 and the program crashes to desktop. I thought this could be an RC problem or it could be an FS9 problem. Since I purchased the PMDG 737 I just can't face flying anything else.If I reboot the problem disappears.

Guest Paragon

I'm not intirely sure but I think I installed one livery while I had fs9 open. I didn't have the 737 selected though. I was still at the opening page where you select weather and airport and so on.Why would this be a problem though? Also, I'm not sure which files you are talking about, I guessed it was the new livery files. :)

>>>I think I installed one livery while I had fs9 open....Why would this be a problem though?<<http://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Paragon

I did a little testing today and this is what I found. It doesn't just happen with PMDG aircrafts that have a livery added, it happens to the stock PMDG 737 too. If I load up fs9 and select the 737 and go flying everything is fine. After I have landed and parked I select "end flight" and it returns to the opening screen, I can select another flight and everything is fine. If however, I quit fs9 and start it up again and try and start up a flight with the 737 it will give a dialog with the text if I want to start up fs9 again and send something to microsoft...or something. Just to clarify - it only happens to the PMDG 737NG.