Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Two quick questions: need help.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends.1) if i'm not wrong this has already been asked, so forgive...i cannot find that thread :-(Sometimes right engine (Engine 2, the right in panel) doesn't spool up at all and i have to turn it on using Ctrl-E command; left engine always start fine. What should i check? Is this correct: first left engine and then right engine? It's not a fuel related trouble, the spool doen't start and N1 stick to 0.2) often, when on short final, i find myself well above GS. This usually happens after its capture; it's like i miss something and so i loose GS. Any hint?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest ba747heavy

>1) if i'm not wrong this has already been asked, so>forgive...i cannot find that thread :-(>Sometimes right engine (Engine 2, the right in panel) doesn't>spool up at all and i have to turn it on using Ctrl-E command;>left engine always start fine. What should i check? Is this>correct: first left engine and then right engine? It's not a>fuel related trouble, the spool doen't start and N1 stick to>0.This is probably related to not having any bleed air in your right duct. Make sure to set your ISO valve on the overhead to 'auto', and your packs to auto as well.>2) often, when on short final, i find myself well above GS.>This usually happens after its capture; it's like i miss>something and so i loose GS. Any hint?Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate more?

Guest Ian_Riddell

"This is probably related to not having any bleed air in your right duct. Make sure to set your ISO valve on the overhead to 'auto', and your packs to auto as well."Not sure if this is correct, Fred (are you using real airline procedures here?). The packs should be off to ensure a good supply of air for engine start. The Isolation valve needs to be open. If any of the packs are switched OFF or if any of the Engine Bleed switches are switched OFF, the Isolation Valve will open automatically (if the switch is in "AUTO").If you are not familiar with the operation of the Isolation Valve in the AUTO position, then (for flightsimming purposes), I recommend that you select the Isolation Valve to "OPEN" until after engine start.Cheers.Ian.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,what i want to kow is: if ill turn off both packs and engine bleeds and iso valve is open, should my right engine spool up?About Glideslope what i meant was that the small square dot on HSI go down and autopilot looses the GS as my plane is above and have to try to descend manually to capture it a second time :-(ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest Ian_Riddell

"what i want to kow is: if ill turn off both packs and engine bleeds and iso valve is open, should my right engine spool up?"Correct, Luigi. I assume you are allowing your engine to spool up to the required rpms before lifting the fuel lever? The 737NG does have Hot Start and Wet Start protection, but that is no excuse for not following the correct procedures. Re your Glideslope problem.... Have you armed the APP button before intercepting the Glideslope? What are the annunciations on your PFD prior to intercepting the Glideslope?Regards.Ian.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Ian,the problem was i didn't set ISO valve to AUTO but to OFF; that way the duct pressure didn't reach 30 PSI for right engine :-(BTW can you explain how do i set and save a flight with fuel cutoff levers off? I tried but after that i was unable to start engines. Maybe i should retry...Concernig my bad approach i can say that APR MCP mode was on as usual. I intercepted localizer and shortly after i captured GS, but on short final GS dot left the center and i found myself above it, too high for a correct landing.ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest Ian_Riddell

"BTW can you explain how do i set and save a flight with fuel cutoff levers off? I tried but after that i was unable to start engines. "Sorry, Luigi.I don't know... I wish I knew the answer to that myself!"Concerning my bad approach i can say that APR MCP mode was on as usual. I intercepted localizer and shortly after i captured GS, but on short final GS dot left the center and i found myself above it, too high for a correct landing."Not really sure what would cause that. A/P's these days are quite intelligent and will even continue to fly a computer-generated glidepath if the G/S transmitter signals are lost or are grossly inaccurate for a short time (say, when an aircraft on the ground taxies (taxys?) past the G/S antenna, causing beam deviation.Were there no warning flags? Did you push any keyboard keys towards the latter stages of approach? Yesterday, I somehow generated a Go-Around, I think, by using the "W", "S" and arrow keys to check the surrounding scenery during the approach.Sorry I can't help you.Cheers.Ian.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thank you Ian,let's wait for good PMDG news!Take careLuigi ;-)