Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

SU 1.1 Update Files Corrupt?

When I downloaded and ran SU 1.1 today, my computer immediately crashed all the way to a re-boot. I've downloaded both SU 1.1 and SU 1.1 Mini, but it doesn't seem to matter; they both cause a re-boot.Is it possible that the Service Update files have somehow become corrupted? I downloaded other software from other sites to test whether it was my computer, but all downloaded and installed with no problems.For what it's worth, I have an Windows XP Pro, an AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB of RAM, a Geforce FX5200 with 128 MB of RAM, an 80 GB hard drive not anywhere near full ...Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Well, to answer my own question, the update files are not corrupt.I tried installing the update after booting into Windows XP safe mode. The update installed fine, so obviously the problem is somewhere on my end. Sigh. At least I have an updated 737NG. :-)All's well that ... you know the rest.Joel

Same here, I did not think to try safe mode. But between a netdetect.dll error and FS2002 I did a reinstal of the sim. I got as far as the original plus SU1-1 and bang, full and mini back to reboot with the recover from serious error routine in XP.Now, mine is set to the Windows analysis webpage, and it gave me a driver caused the rebbot but did not say any more. I am not a PC tech type, more a point and play type, so I have no idea what to do except wait for another update and try again.Safe mode and all that does not appeal to me.Thanks, glad someone else had the problem, well not glad for your trouble but glad I am not alone here :-).

Hi, Robert.Wow, I thought that I was the only one affected! It's good to know it wasn't just me or something that I did wrong.Anyway, you just might want to try Safe Mode. It's easy to boot into Safe Mode, and once you're in, just navigate as usual to where the patch is located, run it as usual, and everything should work. If you would like some more help, please let me know via e-mail: joel_murray@shaw.ca.Cheers!Joel

OK, it worked, I now have SU1-1 Full installed.Thanks for the tip Joel.