Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Riddell

Navigation 101

Guest Ian_Riddell

LOL... Who can tell me what is wrong with the Whiskey Compass in PMDG's NG? And it isn't even April 1st!"Ya canna break the laws of physics", as Scottie would say. Beam me up Vincent! ;-)Cheers.Ian.P.S. OK, so I'm dumb... it took me a few weeks to figure out... I still think the beta guys should hang their heads in shame :(P.P.S. By the way, why is my windshield wiper sitting on the dashboard in the Landing View??? Isn't it supposed to be on the outside of the window :-lol

Guest Ian_Riddell

"it's got a revolutionary new clip-on mechanism,.."Ahhhh.... just like the Captain's tie, eh, Gosta? :(Cheeers.Ian.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Hmmm... No bites yet.... Maybe it's only happening in my copy? :-hmmmOr maybe it has been mentioned before?Cheers.Ian.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Post a screenie Ian, Maybe it's cause you are on the other side of the equator?Ray

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Post a screenie Ian, Maybe it's cause you are on the other side of the equator?"Must be it, Ray.... Otherwise the heading values on compass wouldn't be back to front... and my floating ball wouldn't be going in the wrong direction at twice its normal speed (relative to space... not the aircraft). :-lolPIC and default FS aircraft seem to be ok tho' ;-) E.g. point the aircraft in a direction where you can see two compass values... e.g. 210deg and 240deg, then change to, say, the Extra 300. Watch what happens to them.http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/737/WhiskeyCompass.jpgI'm surprised Mr Randazzo didn't spot this one ;-)Cheeeers.Ian.

Guest Ian_Riddell

At least I know I'm not the only one experiencing this... Someone else just posted a screenshot with the compass in view... similarly back to front" :-)Cheers.Ian.