Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

FMC 'Direct To'

Guest Toni Rauch

I've read through the manual but can't find an answer to this:On an FMC programmed flight, how do you execute a 'Direct To' command which bypasses other fixes or waypoints? (For example, ATC may say "...Speedbird 123, you're cleared direct to Mayfield" etc.)Thanks for any help.Toni.

Bring up the LEGS page. Locate (if in your active route) the waypoint and click on it which will put it in the CDU scratchpad or TYPE it in. Next, Line select the upper top LEFT LSK which is the ACTIVE waypoint and hit EXECUTE. The plane will then go dir to. If the waypoint is not in the active route, you will need to CONNECT the route after placing the waypoint in the top left LSK. You can click the LSK next to the waypoint AFTER the one you entered which will connect the route....[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Toni Rauch

Thanks Randy - I'll give it a try....RegardsToni.

Guest tmetzinger

>> Bring up the LEGS page. Locate (if in your active route) the>waypoint and click on it which will put it in the CDU>scratchpad or TYPE it in. Next, Line select the upper top LEFT>LSK which is the ACTIVE waypoint and hit EXECUTE. The plane>will then go dir to. If the waypoint is not in the active>route, you will need to CONNECT the route after placing the>waypoint in the top left LSK. You can click the LSK next to>the waypoint AFTER the one you entered which will connect the>route....>>One caveat - you need to be sure you're on page one of the LEGS pages before you put in the DIRTO waypoint.Another way of putting it would be to say that on LEGS page 1, whatever is in line 1 Left (1L) is the current GOTO waypoint. So if you ever get cleared somewhere direct, you need to put that waypoint in the scratchpad, and use the 1L LSK to make it the active waypoint, and then EXEC your change. If the waypoint you entered is already in your route, all other waypoints before it will be deleted.