Sign in to follow this  

737NG Load Manager, SU, and number 2 engine question

Hey all, I hope someone can help me with this one. I recently bought the 737NG and am using it on FS2002, yesterday to be exact, and I am impressed with the panel etc. execpt I have run into a few problems. First, when I installed the aircraft I elected to have the load manager installed, however, when I go to run the manager it gives me this fatal error: "Could not detect a vaild Microsoft Flight Simulator installation" and then quits. Second, I downloaded and thought that I installed the full service patch, but when I go to run FS I get this message: "Cannot find MS Flight Simulator Registry Tree. Are you sure it was installed properly?" then after FS starts I go and select the 737NG and I get the same message 2 more times and in the description it still shows the version being 1.0 not 1.1. Finally, when I go to turn the number 2 engine over with the start switch it will not turn over, number 1 will turn over, but not 2. As of now, I have to use the J and + shortcut to get number 2 to turn. Whats going on here? The only thing I have tryied is uninstalling and reinstalling, however, this does not seem to change anything. Hope someone can help, other then those problems I have enjoyed the 737NG so far.

As a start, download the uninstall tool and yes, uninstall the PMDG 737NG. Now reinstall paying particular attention as to which load manager you select to install. Since you're installilng into FS2002 make sure you chose the correct load manager. After successful installation of the base 737, patch with SUS 1.1. You might have a corrupted set of install files so if possible, redownload them then try the above. Let me know how this works for you.

I tryied removing and redownloading the three files that go with the installer then reistalling the aircraft. Nothing has changed, I still can not load the Load Manager, yes I selected the FS2002 version, and I still get the message when I load FS. Any other suggestions? Jared

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Are you running an international version of FS 2002 instead of USA standard?Ray

Hmm, I didn't know there was a international version, how do you tell which one you have? I thought I got the USA standard, but maybe I got something different.

Guest ba747heavy

>Hey all, >> I hope someone can help me with this one. I recently bought>the 737NG and am using it on FS2002, yesterday to be exact,>and I am impressed with the panel etc. execpt I have run into>a few problems. First, when I installed the aircraft I elected>to have the load manager installed, however, when I go to run>the manager it gives me this fatal error: "Could not detect a>vaild Microsoft Flight Simulator installation" and then quits.>Second, I downloaded and thought that I installed the full>service patch, but when I go to run FS I get this message:>"Cannot find MS Flight Simulator Registry Tree. Are you sure>it was installed properly?" then after FS starts I go and>select the 737NG and I get the same message 2 more times and>in the description it still shows the version being 1.0 not>1.1. Finally, when I go to turn the number 2 engine over with>the start switch it will not turn over, number 1 will turn>over, but not 2. As of now, I have to use the J and + shortcut>to get number 2 to turn. Whats going on here? The only thing I>have tryied is uninstalling and reinstalling, however, this>does not seem to change anything. Hope someone can help, other>then those problems I have enjoyed the 737NG so far. Sounds like your FS install is somehow corrupted. If reinstalling the NG doesn't help, try reinstalling FS. As for your number 2 engine not turing, the reason is probably simple. Make sure to open up your ISO valve, and turn on the two packs to auto, and then try to turn over your engines =)

Thanks, it looks like the reinstall of FS took care of the problems with the load manager and that message I was getting, and yea I can't believe I forgot to open the ISO value. We all will be a little out of it from time to time LOL. Thanks again for the suggestion.