Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeMuth-Olsen

Viewing other traffic on the Navigation Display...how?

Guest DeMuth-Olsen

Hi fellow 737NG pilots, Is there a way to view other aircraft traffic (TCAS) from the PMDG 737NG Nav display (ND)? I thought by clicking TFC button on the Navigation Display Control Panel that the traffic would appear on the ND? For some unknown reason, I can't view TCAS information, what am I doing wrong?Regards,Chad C. DeMuth-OlsenPilothttp://home.bresnan.net/~atc01/Images/chad...1_signature.jpg

Chad,you're doing everything correct. Indeed, by pressing TFC the traffic would appear on the ND. BUT... the TCAS is not modelled yet. PMDG will add full TCAS II functionality with the -800 nad -900. As I understand it, it will be a full TCAS II system, so you'll get TAs and RAs, as well as the corresponding data shown on the PFD.However, no release date exists as of today for all this...Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest DeMuth-Olsen

>Chad,>>you're doing everything correct. Indeed, by pressing TFC the>traffic would appear on the ND. BUT... the TCAS is not>modelled yet. PMDG will add full TCAS II functionality with>the -800 nad -900. As I understand it, it will be a full TCAS>II system, so you'll get TAs and RAs, as well as the>corresponding data shown on the PFD.>However, no release date exists as of today for all this...>>Best regards,>MarkusThanks for the information. It seems that the PMDG 737NG has a few glitches, I'm starting to think that the product was maybe released too early. But, it was probably people like myself who were extremely anxious to get their hands on the product that convenced PMDG to release it...hehehehehehehehehe *:-*Regards,Chad C. DeMuth-OlsenPilothttp://home.bresnan.net/~atc01/Images/chad...1_signature.jpg

on a similiar note, will the 800/900 have weather radar as well?Boy that would be cool. :-kewl

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

To be fair to PMDG it was stated quite clearly here that TCAS would not be a feature of the initial release due to the complexity of programming real TCAS logic. It's not a glitch or bug that there's no TCAS in the initial release of the 600/700.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Japhy

Hi!What's the latest news on the TCAS? I seem to have lost track ...PMDG:Will it be on the -800 or will it be released earlier? I really think that any high-end aircraft-addon should have a TCAS if it's in the real aircraft as well...regards,Joerg