Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey

ARE YOU UNABLE TO GET ON THE PMDG SERVER?

Guest michaelforbes

Yeah...I've seen it for almost 14 hours.Michael

Guest sludge

Does GetRight work with your downloading scheme? I tried it for several hours last night and again this morning with no success. I'll admit to being a bit more than a little frustrated!I've probably locked myself out again because I didn't know your server would see that (repeated attempts to download the file) as an attempt to fraudulently obtain the file, and I've seen the note about accounts having been reset again this morning, but I'm still apparently locked out.The e-mail said first come first serve--I was on for a long time already and nothing yet--how do I work with your system to get the download quicker? I know, I know, be patient and keep trying.Also I've seen no instructions yet. Are we supposed to use your PMDG 737 removal program before attempting to install SU2?ThxBill Steelhammer

Guest Art Vandalay

"When we aren't on it- it will range from 100-300 depending on load..."Cmon!Make a simple calculation:50% Users with 56K-Modem (4k/sec) and 50% with bradband (70k/sec) makes an average of 37k/sec bandwidth for an average user (and i think there are more bradband users then modem users)Downloading 70MB with 37kb/sec (2.1MB/min) takes 33 minutes, so lets say 2 downloads in one hour.PMDG stated they will allow 100-300 simultaneously downloads. Lets take the lowest numer of 100 downloads at the same time.thats 200 full downloads in 1 hour. The "nodes" are now fully busy since a minimum of 8 hours so we have 1600 Users finished downloading the file yet!!!!!!!!(thats 4800 downloads in 24hours!)Amazing, dont you think ;) To come back to the real life: In my imagination I see an homebased kinda "server" with an 2mbit upstream.GreetsArt

Guest Aerodrome

Staffers,Still suffering from jet-lag I found myself up this morning at 4am attempting to download....without RTFreakingM. I might have hit the F5 key one too many times:)

Guest rellehenk

You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.precisionmanuals.com home page.HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejectedInternet Information Services-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just clicked the download link twice and I have tried to acces your homepage www.precisionmanuals.com a few times :(Floris Hartog

Guest timmie

I too get the 403.6 Forbidden: IP address rejected the first time I clicked the link in the email !Ah well i'll just go outside, take a walk etc etc. :)Timon.

Forbidden IP address problem seems fixed, but as expected, sill getting the busy server messages. Wow. This is one popular item. -Greg

Captains-As expected- the demand for the airplane is extremely high. As such, we have throttled down the number of available server accesses to a low level in order to help those that do get on to obtain a clean transfer in the shortest time possible.There are some things that I can forsee happening- so I want to get you all in the loop right away:1) PMDG is monitoring the server closely to keep it's load optimized. Right now, obviously is the worst time- and we expect the extremely heavy demand to continue right through the weekend.2) Some of you are going to run into problems because you get locked out of your account while hitting the download link repeatedly. Our server will see this is a fraud attempt and will lock your account.... How can you tell the difference between this and a server overload?--> Read the error message. The page cannot be displayed error page will tell you "Too many people are accessing this web site." if it is a server overload error.... 3) What do you do if you overping your account and can't get in? Well... you wait... We will help you with this- but to be candid it may take a few days until the server load dies a bit and we can start refreshing locked out accounts....4) What if you sent your new email to updateme@precisionmanuals.com.... How long will it take? We will get to these as quickly as we can- but I do not expect to even START processing these changes before mid morning US time on Sunday.... We do not expect to start until then because we are attempting to stay off the server as much as possible in order to allow the initial rush to subside...5) What if you can't get on and you are frustrated? We really are sorry for the frustration.... This won't last forever- and we greatly appreciate your sense of humor while we push the server through it's worst nightmare! ;-)6) Why didn't we try something else? Well... We are a very small outfit- and although there are plenty of "experts" who can explain to us how we can better make this kind of distribution- we have plenty of experience with it- and made decisions that we feel will work best in the long run in terms of cost, capability and protection of our Intellectual Property Rights! So.... we're doing all we can to get this done! (Would we do anything else?)We'll be around and monitoring the situation closely... we'll keep you posted with candid, factual updates as the process develops!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

lol!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)