Sign in to follow this  

Why no flexing wings?

Great work on the 737NG! I'm very happy w/ the panel,FMS is beautiful...I purchased a New Collins FMS4200 manual on ebay for $20 and apply it to the NG and it is just flawless...question on the exterior view.Just curious...why doesn't the 737NG have flexing wings?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I think they did that because it can usually cause either animation issues, or make the wing a whole lot more complicated. Who knows, maybe for the -800? :)DP

Guest Ray CYYZ

:-lolNow for the reverse question:How do I completely throw out the external plane model so I just have the 2D panels inside the cockpit and can save all that memory and processer power for what I see through the window instead of what the guy behind me sees?For I care, it can look like a paper airplane outside ;)Ray

I was just waiting for someone to reply w/ this thread :-) It was just out of curiousity...I have no complaints about her flying abilities...:-beerchug

Guest Ray CYYZ

:-beerchugI'll join you for one of them ;)Ray

Me to for the most part ;). I guess one could load the plain paint kit textues and save them as DX1 or something other than 32 bit which would use much less memory...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Ray CYYZ

Wonder if one of the artist types would mind spitting out a plane jane low memory eater paint job just for us borderline folks.I'm a systems guy, gotta keep away from those paint programs, it takes me a week to pick the pixel brush size because I have to understand WHY to pick it :-lolRay

I've never really seen the wings flexing noticably on the numerous real 737 flights I've take throughout my life - it's much more noticable on a larger aircraft like a 777 or 747.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest klucznik

Ray, I'll Roger that but we are in the minority.Regards

It's simple, use the paint kit bmps and convert them with Image tool.. Image tool comes with FS2002 and can be downloaded for free...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Would it not take more then just a repaint of the textures to reduce the aircraft size to a smaller footprint?I was thinking along the lines of a little red DOT that consumes 1 byte of ram ;) Sorta like the nothingness one sees when using virtual cockpit view with only the 2D panel version loaded.Nothing against the visual model as they look great, but with a 1.4 GHz box and an old GF3, I am hurting in heavy weather with FS9 and after seeing FS9 & FS2002 on my machine, I will never even start FS2002 again because it looks absolutely horrible.I figured the visual model must eat 50-100 odd megs out of the 390 FS9 is using. That would be a VERY helpful drop for folks who are borderline and willing to fly without an external view.Anyone have any ideas on how?Ray

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:I'd think if you alias the model from the .cfg to a PAI model or something, you should have no trouble with that, Ray. It's very FPS-friendly. Try it (BACK UP THE CFG BEFORE DOING SO) and let me know how it goes.DP

Guest Ray_CYYZ

I asked in the MS forum, apparently there is a blank aircraft model in FS9 ... going to take a peek, but what I know about aircraft editing would barely fill a fortune cookie :-lolWhich file do I break to actually accomplish this? I know zippo about the actual structure of FS.I assume one of the files is going to have a blahblah=prettymodel etc that I have to change.Ray(PS: Thanks Vin, it just seemed like a good idea to help open up sales to the folks who might be holding back because their machines are slide shows. Between charts and panels, who has time to look out the window eh? I know my machine is about junk level, but I'm stalling for the next round of toys because the ATI cards require I buy a bigger air conditioner and the nVidia FX seems to have problems too)