Sign in to follow this  
Guest coimbra

PF USAGE

Guest coimbra

Hi, I formatted the system 2 times this weekend, one time at least because I had a virus.Now, I made a fresh instalation of PMDG in FS 2004 and everything works fine, except the fact that the PF usage (after making control alt delete and going to the performance page in windows Xp) shows too high values. Begins with 400 or 500 MB and it goes to 1.60 gigabites of PF usage with FS opened. It is not normal since when I had 512 DDR 333 everything was possible to do, and now with a much better processor, a better motherboard, much better graphic card and 2 times memory, the PC and FS runs too slow after 10 or 20 times due to that PF usage. When I see the memory used by FS is not so much and it is decreasing all the time, so , it seems that somebody is "eating" that quantity of memory. Could be a virus in the past but after formatting the system 2 times, desfragmentation of the disk and so on, seems to be the same, and I just reported this problem after having 1024 DDR 333. When I have 512 I could handle it and now, with 1024 seems that I dont have enough memory to run FS. I dont

Guest Ray CYYZ

If you didn't get the security patch installed before connecting to the internet, you got the virus back again. I am getting pasted by about 1,100 machines every hour in my area with that stupid virus.Download ZoneAlarm and install it BEFORE connecting back to the network next time you reload :(Ray

Guest coimbra

Hi,Where can I find that patch? Can you say na URL to me?ThanksCoimbra

Guest coimbra

hi, i installed a zone alarm that comes in downloads.com. Is that a good one?coimbra

Guest Ray CYYZ

Works for me and I like the price ;)Ray