Sign in to follow this  

Please help with GMN4.GMN SID programing

Hello All,I am trying to program the Gorman Four Departure SID for KLAX. I'm only concerned with programming the GMN transition departing runway 24L/6R. I have tried multiple combinations after reading all of the threads that were previously posted but I'm not able to recreate the SID as published. The following works but it's not correct.SID GMN4.GMN RNW 24L HDG 250 UNTIL 3000 NAVAID GMNThanksScott Sikorski

Guest Ray CYYZ

SID GMN4.GMN RNW 24L HDG 250 UNTIL RADIAL 154 FROM NAVAID SMO VECTORS HDG 000 INTERCEPT RADIAL 323 FROM NAVAID LAXNot too sure, but something like that. I hate vectors. The HDG 000 is going to vary depending on when you get cleared for the right turn so it makes it a bit of a pain. You could try just a straight VECTORS NAVAID GMN instead of the VECTORS HDG 000 INTERCEPT RADIAL 323 FROM NAVAID LAX, your mileage may vary...Ray

Here's what I did:SID GMN4.GMN.06LR RNW 06L RNW 06R HDG 070 UNTIL 3 FROM NAVAID LAX HDG 055 INTERCEPT RADIAL 126 FROM NAVAID VNY NAVAID VNY NAVAID GMN SID GMN4.GMN.07LR RNW 07L RNW 07R HDG 070 INTERCEPT RADIAL 126 FROM NAVAID VNY NAVAID VNY NAVAID GMNSID GMN4.GMN.W RNW 24L RNW 24R RNW 25L RNW 24R HDG 250 UNTIL RADIAL 154 FROM NAVAID SMO KEEP HDG VECTORS NAVAID GMNRyan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest mmcevilley

>SID GMN4.GMN RNW 24L HDG 250 UNTIL RADIAL 154 FROM NAVAID SMO>VECTORS HDG 000 INTERCEPT RADIAL 323 FROM NAVAID LAX>>Not too sure, but something like that. I hate vectors. The HDG>000 is going to vary depending on when you get cleared for the>right turn so it makes it a bit of a pain. You could try just>a straight VECTORS NAVAID GMN instead of the VECTORS HDG 000>INTERCEPT RADIAL 323 FROM NAVAID LAXDon't forget: 'VECTORS' must be preceded with either 'HDG xxx' or 'KEEP HDG' ;-)Since the procedure states that you are to obtain VECTORS to intercept R-323 LAX you could do the following:SID GMN4.GMN RNW 24L HDG 250 VECTORS KEEP HDG INTERCEPT RADIAL 323 FROM NAVAID LAXThen, whatever heading you are vectored to the FMC will KEEP until intercepting R-323 LAX. (Provided the heading does intercept R-323 LAX).{EDIT} And should you be cleared direct then you would just make GMN the active waypoint!-michael