Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Okay it a cold and thunderstormy evening....

My headphones are on.... really enjoying the nighttime approach into Baltimore... lights are out... dog is asleep.... accepted approach rnwy 33L flight level 2100 okay now aircraft captures ILS and starts its decent right on schedule... and then outta of no where... I mean I expected it but man this alert was so startling loud i nearly fell outta my chair " ONE THOUSAND FEET !!!!!! " I cant put enough exclaimations around this is there a way to quiet the alerts offered in the cockpit. Just to soften the experience Maybe in the next update? Thanks Guys.... Having a blast flying this incredible bird.... kinda makes you wnat to reach for the stars and change occupations.Steve

Guest Art Vandalay

...for the moment you may locate the sounds in your the sound/pmdg/737ng directory (inside fs directory) and alter the volume manually (don

That's sort of funny because I was reading through PPRUNE forums the other day and a pilot who flys the NG described this same reaction on the real bird. I guess his airline had it activated for 2500' and he had no idea it was coming lol..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Ray_CYYZ

The problem is that all these years of Microsoft sound effects have people completely conditioned to hear this load roaring engine sound so they set their speakers way to load just to enjoy the roar. If planes made that much noise in the cockpit from the engines, think about the poor slob flying coach just behind the wing...Ray

You know... sorta related to this topic.I noticed that the 2500 call-out isn't happening any more whereas it was present just after the 737NG was released in July.Jeff

Thanks for the reply.... didnt think of that.... but I will look into opening and altering the volumes. Hope it is easy.Thanks again,Steve

Those callouts are loud for a reason - to make sure that the pilots absolutely know without a doubt that they're getting close to the ground! Might be a good thing to make sure they know about... ;)Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

yeah... your probably right... It woke me right up!!!! almost through the windshield..lol.... but i was awake.Thanks, Steve