Sign in to follow this  
Guest acroshaw

pmg737 on 2 networked pcs

Guest acroshaw

Hi all,I want to run fs2004 on my main pc, but use my other (much slower) pc to display the fmc and radio stack. I have a licensed version of widefs, how do I get it all working? And will my slow old celeron slow things up too much?cheersantmain pcathlon 2.6xpnforce2 motherboardnvidia fx9000 ultra1.5 gb ddr

You can't reposition anything on FS through WideFS. The utility to do this is called WideView and it requires you to run FS on the second PC as well. I would suggest you get yourself a decent PCI caard and run a second monitor if you want to display panels on it. On the other hand you can run alot of your add-ons on a pretty slow second computer via FSUIPC and WideFS. If you fly online on VATSIM you can have SB and RW and eveything else running on your second comp. Letting the main comp just handle FS.Give me a shout if you need more advice. Below is what I run :-) ...sorry 'bout the mess...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/34945.jpgHope it helps,

Guest acroshaw

Hi Matt,thanks for the reply! Is that the 737ng fmc guide I spy on your table? I have the big boeing version (for ps1), am thinking about getting the ng one, is it just as good? Or are they so similar I'm wasting my money?ant

Actually it's the predecessor the B737 FMC guide covering from U1 and up to U10.4 I think. I can't compare it to the Big BOeing one as I don't own it. But it has the same technical quality. I couldn't do without it ;-)Regards,