Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Query concerning SID display on ND.

Hi all,On loading the LAM4M SID for EGKK for my flight to Manchester I noticed the SID appeared to have a "kink" in it. At first I thought it might just be a display anomaly but after flying the SID it definitely isn't. Here's the screen shots of the ND and the FMC...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/34968.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/34969.jpgNotice the kink? It seems to relate to DET31 so I checked the lat/lon in the file wpNavFIX.txt in the FMCWP folder where the PMDG gets its information. Here's the entry...DET31 DET31 51.204410-000.209728On checking the lat/lon with FSNav it looks to be spot on. So I'm concerned why the ND should show it in a different position. DET31, DET29, ACORN and DET-10 are all on the 262 inbound radial to DET VOR.Here's the details from the saved flight plan for DET31...DET313LAM4M1 N 51.191 W 0.208257 0There are some very small differences here which may account for the problem but given that the EGKK.txt supplied by Simon does not include any specific lat/lons I must assume the FMC gets the lat/lon from wpNavFIX.txt. So why the difference?One final issue with the flying of relatively tight SIDs like this is that the aircraft always seems to fly outside the curve and then attempts to get back onto course by turning back in towards the optimum route. This results in some unrealistic changes of aircraft attitude. Is it a case that the calculations that determine when to start the turn need a little tweaking?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest puppypoo

Hi RayI`ve seen these misdraws a number of times.It flys ok though.I think this may be nd draw related.As for taking that turn at 250kts that`s too fast try 210/220 you will get better results.RegardsBill

Guest cboyes

RayThis is quite interesting. I've also noticed these ND draw problems. This is something I hope PMDG will look into. I think its good to get some examples of this displayed here like you've done and hopefully this will also help PMDG to work out what causes this (assuming they don't already know). Personally I think this is more of an issue than the fuel imbalance problem, although I realise there will be people who will strongly disagree with this opinion.If I get a chance I'm going to post some examples of this problem myself. Theres a SID out of EBBR that was having this problem...

I had that problem, amongst others :-), when I tried to do Lunton SIDs Ray so it's nice to see Randy's reply that it is a known issue and the team are aware.Dave

Hi Randy,I raised two issues. The ND display "kink" and the inability of the aircraft to fly the magenta line. Are both being looked into?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Bill,This one doesn't fly correctly. It attempts to fly to a misplaced waypoint. And although the FMC might suggest I was flying at 250kts I can assure you I wasn't flying anywhere near that speed. I had flaps 5 set and my actual speed was closer to 180kts.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Craig,I always believe a picture is far better in showing a problem than a description no matter how good anyone is at describing the problem.As you may have seen this is a known issue that PMDG are looking into so we can look forward to a patch at some point.I'll carry on testing! ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dave,...so it's nice to see Randy's reply that it is a known issue and the team are aware.Randy stated "a well-known issue". Well known to who? Not me, that's for sure and not many outside the testing team I bet.It would be really nice to see a list of oustanding issues. It would certainly prevent me having to file detailed bug reports on an issue that the team are already aware of. I have better things to do with my time.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cboyes

'...Randy stated "a well-known issue". Well known to who?'Good point Ray. I've been monitoring this forum almost on a daily basis for two months now and I must admit I hadn't gained the impression this was a well known problem, nor that PMDG were necessarily working on a fix for it. Maybe I just missed those discussions.I still think its a good idea to post detailed problem descriptions with screenshots like you did, even if the problem is well-known, because this information can then form the basis of a set of testcases which PMDG could use to further validate their fixes. I'm not suggesting they don't already do this. Its for the benefit of anyone who thinks you shouldn't bother bringing these things up if they're well-known that I'm saying this.

Sorry Ray, I meant it was nice to know the team are working on the problem :-doh I agree a known bug list would be very helpful.RgdsDave

Hi Dave and Craig,I've sent Anthony the EGKK-EGCC flight plan together with several screen shots showing the understeer problem on tight SIDs. Hopefully we'll have a fix for that soon.So just to repeat the request....PMDG - can we have a list of known problems please so we don't waste time reporting those you already know about.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather