Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cpt Davison

Quick SID Question

Guest Cpt Davison

Hi Pilots,Im trying to write a SID for London Heathrow to Southampton.I have a SID chart from the CAA. The route is described as:- Streight ahead to intercept LON VOR R259 until LON D7 then turn right onto WOD NDB QDM 272Degrees. At LON D13 turn left intercept SAM VOR R036 to SAM VORThe actual chart uses LON D7 LON D12 LON D13 LON D15 SAM D27 SAM D24 at these ranges are altitude constraints. Now to my question. R259 means Radial 259 I guess. This is 259 Deg from the VOR so so i put 259 into the SID or 259 - 180?Most of the LON Dnn's are not in the NAVAID file and are reportes as errors in the FMC, how do I go about entering this into the SID? I know about fixes but for some reason I cant get mne to work.On the chars is a QDM 278 Deg, whats does this mean and can I code it into the SID?If any one could see there way to actually implementing this in to an example SID for me to learn bye, I would be for ever in there debt.Clear SkiesNigelPS: I scanned the forum for adition help and learned how to write a basic SID but I think I'm doing more hram than good. :)Thx Nigel

Nigel I have have just had a very quick look at this SID and written a draft sid to see if it may get you started.FIXESFIX SAM27 COLOCATED SAM 036 27FIX SAM24 COLOCATED SAM 036 24ENDFIXESRNWSRNW 27RRNW 27LRNW 23RNW 09RRNW 09LENDRNWSSIDSSID SAM2F RNW 27R KEEP HDG UNTIL 580 HDG 270 INTERCEPT RADIAL 259 FROM NAVAID LON KEEP HDG UNTIL 7 FROM NAVAID LON HDG 272 UNTIL 12 FROM NAVAID LON HDG 270 UNTIL 13 FROM NAVAID LON HDG 265 UNTIL 15 FROM NAVAID LON HDG 265 INTERCEPT RADIAL 036 FROM NAVAID SAM FIX SAM27 FIX SAM24 6000 NAVAID SAMENDSIDSSTARSENDSTARSNote though there is only one true altitude constraint that can be included correctly at the moment, thats at SAM24 at 6000. The rest are ABOVE AT and are not supported for the time being by the fmc.The LON15 point may be better as a lon lat fix point. Hope this helps get you started.Simon

Guest Cpt Davison

Fantastic, this is exactly what I was looking for. A comprehensive instruction using most of the SID/STAR instruction set.I'm not quite sure what you mean by "The rest are ABOVE AT"Also, is there a common ref for NDB/VOR LON/LAT coordinates so that I may consider LON15 as you describe.Once again,Many thanks.Nigel