Sign in to follow this  

MS releases free scenery: Make a Virtual Flight to the

Thanks for the tip and I wonder if this photo rel texture might be the next fs?

Guest Heather 636

That does indeed look great! Downloading now, but then, I'm ALWAYS downloading.Received a gift the other day of a 50-pack of blank disks, and boy do I need them!! 60 gig of harddrive and I have about 5 left.Cheers!Heather

The scenery is great.I took my son to OshKosh a couple of years ago and he took the helicopter ride around the facility.I took him on the virtual tour in the Bell and he recognized everything right off.DAng, but this sim flying is fun.(I know, it doesnt beat real thing, but who can get to the airport and fly five minutes before you have to leave for work???)I hate to say this, but (stammer, stammer, choke,choke, cough, cough) (murmuring under my breath) thanks, Microsoft and (in a clear, loudi voice) EAA.JOhn in Indiana

Guest dpc

Very nice indeed. Little work with TTools to busy things up a bit and this will be one nice area to fly in!

Guest Uwe

well,it looks realy good on the pictures, i downloaded and installed it, but it does not show. Only the default. Since i am living in germany i use the german professional version, could that be the reason? I do have the adventures, but not the scenery.Thank you for supportUwe

Guest UweR

WIR WERDEN WELTMEISTER!!! :-)Hi, it

Guest fly4beer

empty???????????????this is the small parking spot, on the other side parking is twice as big with lots of tents, all photoreal ground texture....There must be a problem...The Problem is prb. that MS forgot the differences between international fs versions. ;-)The Airventure Oshkosh scenery installs itself in thefs2002/ADDON SCENERY Folder.I believe it is named differently in some international versions.Therefore look if you now have a folder called thelike. If Yes, declare it in your scenery.cfg:[Area.XXX]Title=ADDON SCENERYLocal=ADDON SCENERYRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=XXXLucien

Guest PhilC

It amazes me that such a busy airfield can retain such good framerates. I see no hit at all with this scenery. Now if other scenery designers could start making scenery with no fps hit. Very nice and worth the 22Mb download.

Guest fly4beer

I did nothing, all goes by itself with the english pro version. Just click on the exe.Since Francois and Uwe reported problem with international versions and I remember the addon scenery folder beeing a problem with other addons, I thought this might be the case again.Lucien

Guest firehawk44

I didn't see mine at first either. I went into the FS2K2 directory and under ADDON SCENERY, added the Oshkosh directory, then moved the Scenery and Texture Dir in the OshKosh Dir. I then added the scenery in the Scenery Library. Everything is okay now and it looks great.

Same here Uwe, but I DO have the US version..... For some reason the installation puts the files into c:windowsADD-ON SCENERY :-eek :-eek ANd it would NOT let me change that.Go figure !!! :-rollLuciens picture looks more like what I expected to see.... so let's try again, and if all else fails, we'll just have to put the bits and pieces in manually ..... :-( :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

...so strange, I always thought I'm pretty good with installing MSFS files but this one just doesn't show. Mine doesn't seem to install at all, checked all folders - nothing there. I can't even de-install it through control manager.Ran the installer again and tried to remove, funny thing is when I do that I only see a difference in 5 MB when uninstalled or installed. This is so weird.Cheers,PeteP.S. using FS2002pro english versionGO GERMANY!!!!!http://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11