Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjjones

Mr. Travolta's 707

Well, you see aircraft like this for sale in Controller.com. Just this past weekend I was flipping through the print version of Controller and saw a picture of a DC-3 (not a turbine conversion) for sale for a mere $193,000. Didn't mention whether the engines worked, or not! :)

Guest eko

Hehehehe.... shoot, I own 4 of them (and others here probably own MORE!) :-)

In Australia we have a word for people like Paul_W.

>Yeah, its aviation news, and interesting reading. >Most people don't know that Travolta is a very accomplished >pilot, and holds ratings on many different types (no, I'm >not the spokesperson for the John Travolta fan club, but >ANYONE who demonstrates his/her skill as a pilot earns >admiration from me

>Other interesting planes John T. has owned in the past: >DC-3 (turboprop conversion) >Lockheed Constellation >DeHavilland Vampire (jet trainer) >Gulfstream II >Gulftream IV >>...and probably many others... Such as the venerable Ercoupe. Regards,Don Schaaf

Hi there.Yes its all very interesting..Im still trying to work out what the Australian connection is here. Was he Australian??Craig

Travolta an Australian - no way - Vinnie Barbarino from Welcome Back Kotter!!!No - the aircraft is an ex Qantas aircraft.