Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

Holy Schmoly! The PSS airbus is extremely accurate!

Guest lawyerpilot

As an almost instrument rated pilot, I really wanted to get the Airbus package b/c I heard it was so real. Well, not only is it real, it is so complex, that I am going to have to read the manual! Something I have not had to do on any airplane in FS before, add-ons included!The pedestal, FMC, and overhead is really nice. The virtual cockpit is nice too, although I wish the digital gauges were a little easier to read...but that criticism needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because I think that they are as good as any other out there right now. Plus, the whole reason I got it is for the USair liveries in the 319, 320, 321 versions. Go to KCLT or KBOS and that's all you'll see short of 737, 757, 767, 777's. The 319 is a sweet little plane.The only downside...had a couple of lockups which I have never had before.... but what are you going to do, I guess I was just lucky before.CMBP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 46001600x1200 resCH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest Lobaeux4

Congrats on almost your impending instrument ticket. It's a big accomplishment. You're right about the A320, it's great for IFR training. I use PIC767, the PSS A320 and the PSS777/747, mainly for instrument flights to practise approaches and such. Plus, I just like to fly the big iron. It's real satisfaction to have the IFR panel up on the A320, handfly the ILS and then go to the VFR panel and see how well you've done. It's got me hooked.LobaeuxDual engine commercial and instrument ratedType rating: BE400/MU300

HiNo arguments here.I like to handfly so when it first came out I thought it was not for me.But It flys very well with ,the aid of the FBW tech.Very stable on approach .After a lot Of reading the FMC...oops shouldn't call it that :)has revealed how powerful and flexable it is.Rotates like a dream, unlike other aircraft where you almost have a tailstrike before they will leave the runway.And what about those sounds...Brilliant!.My only problem is Stuttering, I,ve tried all the suggestions but to no avail,also using the High setting in the VC makes the flight unbearably hesitent and stuttery.Have you had any problems with stuttering?.But even with this I'm Glad I bought the Airbus.CheersJohn

Guest lawyerpilot

MU is supposed to be a little loud with the Garretts, eh? And in repsonse to your mention of "big iron", I normaally like to fly the bigger turboprops or twins. King Air, Cheyenne, 421, but the Airbus is pretty enjoyable for the jets. It is harder to hand fly as someone had mentioned.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Hi Can any post some screenshots of the diffrent panels PleaseHenrik

Guest Lobaeux4

I'd like to fly some turboprops or commuter, but with the exception of Bill Grabowski's ERJ, I haven't found any commuter planes that equal up to PSS Airbus, PIC767 or PSS 747/777. It's kind of hard to go from them, to something simpler I guess. Hopefully, if Eurowings is ever released that may change.Lobaeux

We have an Dash8-300 in the makings, and being a heavy jet guy, I am doing my own type rating now.. its difficult to switch over.Time for beta max, min governors, feathering, MCU, DISC, ECU etc..Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?

Guest Martin

In addition to the upcoming Dash 8 that Johan mentioned, there is a great Fokker 50 panel, and it's freeware! It's really for FS2000, but most of it works fine in FS2002, and a patch is in the works too. There are also a bunch of stunning Fokker 50 visual models by Christoph Klose at flightsim.com, along with good sounds by Aaron Swindle.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing