Sign in to follow this  
makraan

Load Manager in FS2k2

Fellow pilots,After flying the 700 on my own for a few weeks (thnaks to Fred and Timothy fot their great tutorials) I decided to put some pax in by using the load manager. However, loading the NG is not that simple. I suffered extreme pith-problems. Searching the forum showed me, that weight and balance is extremely important in order to load the plane properly. I tried various times but couldn't find the right answers.Is there anyone who has a "load schedule" which allows me to seat 140 pax with the correct amount of cargo?Thanks and regards,Michel

Captains-in order for me to fix something, I must know what's busted. I just tried the Load Manager for Fs2002 again and its behaviour was as expected.Is there something in your settings that's affecting its ability to READ the data from the aircraft.cfg file, perhaps?Please attach your aircraft.cfg so I can see and try debug this.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Concerning the load manager. When you set a load should the ZFW change in the aircraft.cfg file?I ask because last time I looked the ZFW had not chnaged from the default value, I think this was true in both FS2k2 and FS9.ThanksDave

Lefteris,See CFG file attached (the plain 700 version). Please note that the file is based on no pax/cargo.Thanks and regards,Michel

Lefteris,Attaxhed file seems to have vanished somehow. PLease find below the weight and balance section from the CFG file.Regards,Michel===================================================[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]reference_datum_position= 52.730, 0.000, 2.120empty_weight_CG_position=-48.170, 0.000, 0.000max_number_of_stations=50empty_weight=83000.000empty_weight_roll_MOI=1411540.000empty_weight_pitch_MOI=1821510.000empty_weight_yaw_MOI=1518876.000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=230.000//station_load.0=0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000//max_gross_weight=153500.000CG_forward_limit=0.133CG_aft_limit=0.330[fuel]Center1= -44.870, 0.000, -2.800, 4299.000, 0.000LeftMain= -51.380, -16.000, -0.800, 1288.000, 0.000RightMain=-51.380, 16.000, -0.800, 1288.000, 0.000fuel_type=2.000000number_of_tank_selectors=1

Michel-this is after the fact.Can you start with our original aircraft.cfg and see if the Load Manager will screw it up? It shouldn't really, but if it does, I'd like reproducible steps please so I can duplicate the behaviour and locate the culprit.Thanks

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Not sure whether I understood your remark. The original CFG-file after the installation of your package, I cannot send you. However I can send the contents of the file after adding pax/cargo. Please inform me what you need to look into it.Regards,Michel

Ignore this post, I now see where the load weight is changed in the aircraft.cfg file and the CG coordinate seems to remain constant.Dave

Guest cboyes

LefterisI'll give this a test on my FS2002/Win ME system later on today. I must admit that I haven't experienced a problem with the Load Manager myself, but after reading Bob Scott's posting I simply assumed there must be a problem. Never assume, always test...

Dear Michel-as I said, the contents of the aircraft.cfg file after you've added pax/cargo (and consequently, after it's been screwed up) are quite useless, as they only indicate that the problem has happened. I'd like to see the aircraft.cfg file BEFORE the problem, so I can possibly duplicate it on my end. If that's not possible, I'd like other users to chip in if they also experience a problem.It may very well be something that's localized on your machine (regional settings?)

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Dear Lefteris,The CFG information given by me in previous post was before adding pax and cargo. Because with pax/cargo the plane bumped with her nose up and down in the air. That's why I used the load manager to empty the plane again. To avoid misunderstanding, please find below the "weight and balance" section of the CFG-file without pax/cargo. Please note I use the Dutch configuration with a comma for decimals (in case this is useful information for you to determin the cause). If there is more needed, just let me know.Regards,Michel======================================[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]reference_datum_position= 52.730, 0.000, 2.120empty_weight_CG_position=-48.170, 0.000, 0.000max_number_of_stations=50empty_weight=83000.000empty_weight_roll_MOI=1411540.000empty_weight_pitch_MOI=1821510.000empty_weight_yaw_MOI=1518876.000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=230.000//station_load.0=0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000//max_gross_weight=153500.000CG_forward_limit=0.133CG_aft_limit=0.330

Guest moshe_be

Isn't adding pax/cargo simply modify the values?It does not care what the previous values were.So I assume he set some passengers and cargo, and that was his aircraft.cfgIf those values are incorrect then the load manager is not saving them properly.

Guest cboyes

No problems with the Load Manager in FS2002 in my case. In the following screenshot the original aircraft.cfg is on the left, the modified file obtained after using the Load Manager is on the right. As Lefteris stated only the load itself has been modified (ignoring insignificant whitespace changes).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/40076.jpg