Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

Can you switch AC config files to match a diff AC?

Let's say that you don't like the way a certain A320 flies, but like the way another A320 flies, can you switch the AC config file with the one you like?

Guest Heather 636

I'm no pro at this but I have been messing around with it long enough where I can't see why you couldn't.The main rule, BACKUP the original cfg file.Then, assuming that you like the livery, just not the performance, go into the cfg file of the plane you do like, scroll down until you get just past the description part to:(General) *Including that, and everything else all the way down, copy it, then, going into the cfg file of the one you don't like, highlight the (General) * and on down, delete it, then paste in the data you copied from the preferred file.You should now have the preferred performance with the livery of your initial choosing.If it doesn't work out, delete the whole thing and restore your backed-up cfg file.No harm done. * Note: The parenthesis should actually be brackets, just can't use them in the forum text.Cheers!Heather

It's certainly possible to switch files around ... but please note that usually the AIRCRAFT.CFG details and the AIR file itself are intrinsically linked i.e. they work in tandem. So just copying the bits from the AIRCRAFT.CFG is not enough.Copy the bits that Heather suggests from your favourite Airbus, sure; but then change the sim= line to reflect the airfile from your favourite Airbus and copy that across to the folder, too. Back up your old airfile (if the names are the same) just in case.Others more savvy than I will comment, I'm sure.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Heather 636

Oops! Good point that I forgot. Thanks for pointing that out Mark.Heather

Make sure you keep the old contact points section or the aircraft likely won't sit right on the runway. Same with the lights section if it has one.

Noted. Thanks for the info. Time to tinker.

Guest wkzzo

I do this all the time with similar aircraft. If one has a great airfile like the falcon 50, I use it with the ffg lears(did not care for the flight characteristics, even the updated airfile). I backup the original airfile and aircraft cfg. then I move the aircraft cfg and airfile to the lear folder from the falcon folder. Then its a matter of editing the cfg file to match the parts of the lear you want to keep. Such as the flightsim section down to the general info, the lights ,radio,the contact info ,and static pitch and height,autopilot section also, and possibly the smoke effects section if you had one.Also remember to rename the airfile or change it under the sim= section to the correct airfile name.