Sign in to follow this  

OSKOSH BY GOSH!!!!

Two words ......... GET IT!!!!!!!! Lots of fun! I see some folks are having a problem with installation. Real easy. When you load it out, she will install a scenery folder and texture folder in ADD-ON Scenery in the main FS2002 root file. Make a folder called OSKOSH and put those two folders in it, leaving it in the ADD-ON Scenery file. Then install as usual using the library. Neat stuff! The "old timer" hanger section is cool!Don

Take a car out there and drive around. :)

DonI don't follow. The scenery and texture folders are already there within ADDON scenery, and most of us have many files in there already, surely. So if you were to lift them out and classify them separately, you'd most likely take other stuff too. Anyway, it all works fine in the ADDON scenery and texture folders for me, so I may as well leave all the files there, given that MS gave us no choice of install!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Joe

I was pretty much expecting frame rates that you could throw a cat through but.....they were good considering all the textures in the scenery.

No she won't.... mine winds up in the c:windows directory :-( :-(But I finally figured out why... I had a disk crash a while back, wiping my operating system. Re-installed it, but lost my reghistry doing so of course. FS2002 resided on another disk... and it still works, but the registry settings are gone :-(Re-install FS2002 I guess.... yeeechchch !! :-mad :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Francois,Why Re-install. If you know where the program installed the scenery, simply move it manually to your FS directory, go into FS and add it through the Scenery Library...regards,

What ever works for you. I have nothing in there as I keep all add-ons outside of MS. This was just a way to keep it seperate from anything else. Otherwise you could end up with who knows what inside those folders. I like a folder for each scenery or area or country. I do that depending on the size involved.Don

Guest Scott Campbell

Francois,That's really weird. 2K2 is supposed to reinstall the registry entries if they aren't there. Guess it worked for some. I've never hada crash so never needed to reinstall Windows. Of course fate will now step in with its evil hand and kill my entire computer for posting that! ;-)Only problem I have is InstallShield won't run - ever. Makes it real fun when I install anything that needs it - like the new InstallShield. You'd think they'd figure I'm installing for a reason, wouldn't you?

OK. I give up!!! I have tried for 2 days now to get this scenery working to no avail. I have tried every method I can think of. It seems to be Installing to the correct folder, then I add it in the library. I have used Don's method above, made an Oshkosh folder as well as scenery and texture folders and then put the files in by hand. I have made an Oshkosh folder and just copied the scenery and texture folders into it. I don't know what else to do! If anyone has any Ideas, I'm listening.Thanks, GlenP.S. I have tried to uninstall then reinstall. Also when I uninstall the scenery and restart the Sim I get a scenery error "cannot load area 121" I then reinstall the scenery and the error mesage goes away. But it still doesn't work.

OK...if this is a dumb question, tell me.How do you know its not working? What Airport are you looking for? OshKosh? Don't exist.Airport ID is OSH.Airport Name is WITTMAN REGIONAL Airport (OSH)Had to ask!Best,bt

Guest John_Hirsch

If you ran the self installer, the scenery and texture folders will be in the ADDON SCENERY folder of your main FS2K2 directory (mine is C:FltSim).You must have something like the following in your C:FltSimscenery.cfg file: [AREA.133]Title=Addon SceneryLocal=C:FltSimADDON SCENERYSceneryRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=133Hope this helps you.

OK, making headway! I now have the basic scenery ie, the hangars, strip mall,Museum. But I don't see all the A/C parked or the campers, ect. It seem that when the scenery installed it had put it in a taxiway area in the scenery.cfg file.Any ideas about the static A/C, and other small Items?BT, yes I know where it is, Been there many times...:-lol

Guest dcc

set scenery complexity to max 'extremely dense'- dcc

Thanks dcc, that did it. I had every slider maxed but that one, DUH!!!Oh well, it works and it is quite Impressive.Glen