Sign in to follow this  

OSKOSH BY GOSH!!!!

Guest GOODY

I sure wish that someone would spell it right!!!It is OSHKOSH......gOODY (BORN 88 YEARS AGO IN wISCONSIN)

Guest Fly1

Pretty Neat.But...... Sure would be nicer if it was cramed with homebuilts like the real one. But I guess you can't have everything.Very nice though. Bob C.

Well, this is a great idea - I remember pitching it to MS about 10 years ago when they first started showing up at Oshkosh. But they have BOMBED again, 'cause the damn thing won't work!!!!!!Self installer doesn't actually install anything except the flights!There is no reference to Oshkosh anywhere in the scenery library.This should have all been done by the installer, or instructions put somewhere. No valid instructions either!!I'm going to write Poberezny over at EAA - they should be ashamed of themselves!!!Tony VallilloEAA member

The "self installer" worked perfectly for me. Just had to click yes to a few questions & that was it! No messing with files in the scenery library or anything else. Just switch to Wittman Field & go flying !! Notice my pic farther up the line.L.Adamson --- EAA member & impressed with this small scenery addition from MSedited: try checking the add-on scenery file. Two documents & the scenery files are located there. At least that's how it should go with the self install.

Yup, did that initially, only to find out I have the airfield, but nothing in/on it.... So I figured better do the official install... seeing from all the posts here and elsewhere.... that official install is not half as good as 99% of the freeware add-ons from 'less professional' sources ... :-lol :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

> that official install is not half as good as >99% of the freeware add-ons from 'less professional' sources Why not?? Looks very effective from the air! I didn't expect hundreds of airplanes & motorhomes to be highly detailed on the ground. Considering the large amount of buildings involved, I believe they did a credible job. I have spent a week there during one of these EAA events, which at least gives me something to compare too...L.Adamson

Guest Lindy

The self-installer worked okay for me too, and I'm a rank amateur when it comes to installing anything in FS!! Are you sure your download was complete? I had to download twice. The first time, the file size was correct, but I had a notation regarding a "file mismatch." I had no idea what that meant, but it sounded ominous so I spent another couple of hours (yes, HOURS!) downloading it a second time. This time I didn't get the "mismatch" notation.Oshkosh shows up in my airport library and the scenery looks pretty cool. Sorry you're having trouble. You might want to try downloading it again.-Lindy :-spacecraft (Win98SE)

Larry, I am sure the scenery is fine, I am just commenting on the install procedure. I have been trying to get things working all afternoon, and still no luck. Is it my old Windows 98??? My clumsiness after 20+ years of simming? Could be.... but I don't seem to be the only one having some 'problems' ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest wkzzo

I had to install it dons way .It installed all the necessary files but I had to go into the addon folder and make another folder called oshkosh ,then I moved the scenery folder and the texture folder into the oshkosh folder and then through the scenery library within fs2002 I added the area the normal way I add scenerys. It works great.

I'm running Windows XP (home) which could make a difference as well as already having scenery in the add-on scenery file. L.Adamson