Sign in to follow this  

installation setup

Hello, Iam very frstrated and I need some help. Everytime I install fs2002 it gets to 48% and then a screen pops up and says... * Set up failed to extract files from M:/GMAX.CAB. This is most likely caused by low memory( low disk space for swapping files) or a corrupted cabinet file.* Now i don't have any idea what to do to fix this problem, I already tried clearing out memory by clearing out some space on my hard drive. Do you guys have any ideas? Chris

Chris,You don't specify your system. What are your computer spec and which version of windows. It would be much easier for folks to help you if you could supply that information.Regards,

Well I mean I have had fs2002 installed before.. and worked just fine. But then i just downloaded back on my computer and this problem is coming up. I have a pentium 3 700 mhz 128 ram

Chris,Try cleaning your CD Rom drive. Also, if you have the available disk space, you could try copying the CD's to the hard drive and installing from there!Only ideas I have...Regards,

I seem to have run into this problem after upgrades. I have a completley new 80 gig hdd to install it onto, and the other specs are:AMD Athalon 2200+ 1.81ghz1.0 GIG of ramWindows XP HomeRadeon 9800pro 128mb vid cardInstalls to 6% and then shoots back:"Setup fails to extract files from e:/msgame1.cab. This is most likely caused by low memory, low disk space for swapping files, or a corrupted cabinet file, please restart your machine and run setup again"I changed my page file cache up and made 4 of them, on different harddrives, and reset and tried again after shutting down Firewall and Antivirus and then it got up to 21% but stopped again at msgame2.cabTrying out putting the disks on HDD now....

You need to do a little system maintenance.Start by right clicking your Internet Explorer Icon, select properties, press the delete files button, check all off-line files, OK. Press the delete cookies button unless you want to save particular cookies. If you want to save particular cookies, press the Settings button, press the View files button, highlight all the cookies you don't want to save then delete them. Return to the Settings menu, press the View Objects button, review the objects installed, delete any broken and unknown objects if you didn't install them on purpose, exit to the Internet Options menu, Press the Delete History button. Exit all menus.Press Start, My Computer, right click the drive containing Windows, usually C:. Select Properties, press Disk Cleanup, OK, Yes. Exit to your desktop.Run virus and Ad Ware removal programs. Remove and delete any virus and Ad Ware. Reboot the computer, if the computer reboots normally, delete any of the virus/Ad Ware restore files they may have made. Reboot your computer again to ensure it loads properly before the next step.If you are using WinME or WinXP, press Start, right click My Computer, select properties, select System Restore tab, check the box to turn off system restore. Note the warning!! Turning off system restore will delete all the backups on all your diskdrives. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, don't proceed. However, these files are using a lot of space on your hardrives. Once you check the box and apply, it will delete the backups. Immediately uncheck the box and apply, it will write a new restore point. Reboot your computer to ensure it is operating correctly.Defragment each and every disk drive.After all the above, try installing the flight simulator again. If you still have problems, see the following:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Ben-us%3B245063http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;303032http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;310353W. Sieffert