Sign in to follow this  

Disaster - Lost Joystick

I upgraded processors and motherboards today. Now my system is not recognizing my (original model) Sidewinder ForceFeedback joystick. I had the same problem when I upgraded a couple of years ago and was able get assistance from MS support, but the info isn't there now. I can't remember what I did. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that isn't working. Can anybody help. While I'm at it; My diagnostic shows this supposed 1.8 mghz Athlon processor is only running at 1.2. What's the deal. Did I get ripped-off? Thanks for the assistance.Bruce

Try going to your add and remove and removing any drivers for the joystick,Go to your gaming options in settings/control panel and remove any joysticks or gaming devices there.Shut down computer,disconnect your joystick,reboot.shutdown,connect joystick and reboot,see if windows finds your joystick.Hope this helps.

Make sure your plug is tight??? Sometimes the most obvious thing is overlooked. Any framerate increase from that Pentium III to the Athlon 1.2 ????

Bump again - The other suggestions didn't help. Any other ideas.Thanks

Just off the top of my head...(and not knowing what kind of motherboard you have...)I would check the bios and see if the USB port is turned on. If you have onboard sound card and you are using its gameport AND your stick is not USB (you didn't mention that), you might have to turn that on in the bios as well.If you have onboard and you are NOT using its gameport (have a dedicated sound card), you may have to disable the onboard sound card/game port (or at least play with the IRQs)As far as your CPU clock reading low, it will not read 1800, but should be above 1400+ (I have a 1700 and its that high). I suspect that you may have your cpu/fsb settings at 100/100 vs 133/133.Go here and look for the forum on your motherboard, and see if they can help:http://www.amdmb.com/vb/index.phpRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

You did not say what MOBO, but if it has a VIA chip you might try this .http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewinder/SWUpdate/ff2/default.asp Microsoft says it will not work if you have VIA USB host controller and they have a patch to correct it.Hope this helps, Glen