Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Dumping CH Yoke for MS stick?

After 1-2 years with a CH Yoke USB and pedals, I am wondering if it's worth the hassle and complexity with FS2002. I just found my trust old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro from 3 years ago and feel like re-installing it! It was so smooth and reliable and it always worked so nicely. The CH stuff is good, but it is a bit "sticky" and the pedals go to sleep from time to time, and it's a pain to re-boot.Has anybody here done a "reverse migration" like this and if so, does it work without screwing up stuff like DirectX, etc.?Or.....is there a way to have both installed at the same time?JS

I have never had a problem with my CH USB yoke & rudders. I run FS2002 on a Win98SE machine I would never want to go back to just a stick like I used to fly with. Sinc I also play Nascar 2002, the CH setup works out great for me. Good luck.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Look for the thread below ... we're trying to sort the problems with CH gear out at the moment! I have the same "stickiness" and rudder twitchiness, which may be a Windows XP thing.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/6021.htmlMake sure you have the latest Control Manager from CH (1.31) and that you calibrate from that, not Windows - it's more accurate. I'll let you know if I succeed.In any case, there's no problem running your joystick in parallel. I use a Logitech Digital 3D for fighters, Airbuses and helicopters, which synchronises without problems with the rudder pedals. In fact when I'm flying with the joystick, I operate a number of the controls from the stationary yoke rather than the keyboard! It's no problem to run all three together. My CH yoke and pedals are USB, my joystick a gameport model with a USB adapter.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest DrBob

I have both installed.... USB CH yoke and pedals and a sidewinder in the game port. FS2002 recognizes both and at the the same time so during a flight I can simply pick up the joystick and fly with it then go back to the yoke and use the pedals or twist the joystick for rudder control. I also have a gamepad by Microsoft that I can use for arcade games. There is a switch to toggle between the gamepad and the joystick.Just plug in the sidewinder and load up FS2K2 and it should work.Bob S Reno, NV

You will need to disable one of the throttle'sIt took me some time to work out why i had no power!

Hey JS,Have you tried any of the joystick utilities found here?http://home.att.net/~stickworks/Some of them might help, I use the Joyregs utils to add another axis for my Suncom

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest DrBob

I had no need to disable a throttle... I can use one or the other... if I use the yoke I have to adjust the throttle as the setting on the yoke overrides things...Bob S

Guest gasebah

I have almost the same setup and it works like a charm. However it makes sense to only touch either the joystick or the yoke during one session. You can also easily assign different functions to both, the stick and the yoke. E.g. you can use the stick for slewing or looking around in the VC.When you have probs running them simultnously you can always disable one of them in the device manager.Alex

Guest ScottPilot

I have had my USB pedals and yoke for over a year now, and so far, no problems. I do however run the calibration software through windows XP pro from time to time, and it seems to keep things running pretty well. I don't use the CH controller software on win XP, only the native support that win XP Pro provides.I Also use a MS force feedback joystick along with the CH products pedals and yoke. Have had NO conflicts between any of them.I have my yoke plugged into my USB hub and the pedals plugged in through my MS Keyboard Internet pro USB port.Scott :-)