Sign in to follow this  

What's up here....

Well, these shots were taken climbing out of meigs, literally less than a minute - last time I checked, the great lakes were a bit bigger than this. I am wondering if this might be a landclass issue. I just installed the Michigan landclass files from the file libraries and am wondering if I did something wrong? Do I need a service pack for the midwest? Any help? Thanks.

Hey Colin,I think you guessed right. I had some landclass files installed fo this area and taking of from meigs heading east was all land after only 5-6 miles.I deleted the landclass files and everything is back to normal. I forget who did the landclass for this area I believe it was a combination for Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio?!I don't know if the author released an update or if we just did something wrong with installation. It might also be an issue combined with other landclass bgl files.Cheers,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Heather 636

Good morning,Yes, there is an update for that. Since I nstalled both at the same time, I didn't see the results you are talking about so I can't speak with authority on it. But, as you can see by my attached screenshot, everything looks quite "full" from my view. Here are the particulars:Maxview Land Class Package 1 UpdateFile Description:Update 1 fills Lake Michigan with water. Extends the land class data further north to finish the east side of Wisconsin and the Upper Penn. of Michigan. Requires MV_LC1package.zip for Colorado and Michigan's lower penninsula. (JW)Filename: mv_LC1Update.zip Added: 13th April 2002 Downloads: 651 Author: Cas Stephens Size: 50kb Regards,Heather

Where are you guys getting landclass files? Are they freeware?? The only ones I have are for the NW and California. I would like to know where you can get more. If I have to pay for them thats OK too.Hornit

Guest Heather 636

Right here at AVSIM Hornit.Go into the file library "Extended Search" and in the field for "Name and/or Description" type in *landclass* (include the asterisks). You'll get a number of selections.I'll be back in a moment with a listing of the file names after I take a look in my download folders.Cheers!Heather

Hi there,check the avsim library and do a search for "landclass" or go to the extended search function and at the "author" field type in "cas" that'll get you the mentioned files above.I believe most, if not all, landclass files here at the avsim library are freeware.Hope this helps,Petehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Heather 636

Here are some I have in my system, in case they didn't show up in your search.Kansas and Missouri Landclass UpdateFilename: ks_mo.zipMaxview Land Class Package 1Filename: mv_lc1package.zipMaxview Land Class Package 1 UpdateFilename: mv_LC1Update.zipPacific Northwest Landclass UpdateFilename: pnwlandclass.zipCalifornia land classFilename: lc_cav2.zip

Guest PhilC

I don't remember flying out of Kansas City International before adding the landclass files. I added them today and when I go there, there are no concrete parking areas... it's all grass. The taxiways appear to be there but they just end into grass fields. Is this correct or could the lc files mess up anything like this?I am also using the FSGenesis 75m mesh for the U.S. and Alaska.

Phil,I'm experiencing the same problem and I'm really curious as to what causes this. I've heard it's a MSFS bug but then again I don't recall this happening when I first installed FS2002.The problem on my system has occurred more often lately and maybe it is caused by add-on scenery, mesh scenery or the landclass files. I haven't figured it out yet but I'll do more testing.Let me know about your findings,Cheers,Pete http://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

Gee...I just took a look out my window here in Chicago along the lakefront...and waddaya know...the Mchigan shore has moved closer. Maybe your computer is onto something and,that would explain that sudden shifting I felt in my office bldg ...:-)Sherman KaplanHighland Park ILnow, back to work and real life!

Thanks all. I'll go get the updates and see where I end up.

Guest PhilC

Downloaded the miscfix.zip file from Page Cline and it fixed my missing concrete at Kansas City Intl.Thanks Page. It's about time someone decided to fix the problems FS2K2 left to drive us crazy. x(

Phil, have you got a link for miscfix.zip? Thanks...Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL