Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

FLightsim.com?

Does anyone know if Flightsim.com is down? I'm getting time out errors andowonder if anyone else is eeing this. Thanks in advance,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

I gave up on that site and use AVSIM as my primary portal to the FS world. They limit the amount of people that get in unless you pay and when you do get in they have these little ad pop-ups that show up everytime you clickk on a different page. BS in my opinion and a waste of time. They say they need the money from the users to keep the site going? How come AVSIM doesn't require it? This site also has much faster d/l speeds then Flightsim.com. That site has gone way downhill.

Eric 

Guest Edam

To answer your question, I had problems yesterday but not today as of 9:20 Eastern.

Well, it appears that Add-Subtract Pro was the culprit: was blocking acess to the site. Guess that you can't get around the ads...BTW, Eric, thanks for responding. Personally I think that both sites contribute to the strength of this hobby. AvSim has the better and more informative forums, Flightsim.com still had the more user friendly Library. Personally, I check both daily as the files an uploads are not always the same ( Heaven forbid that an aircraft should be posted and I miss it!) I am a 1st Class Memember @Flightsim.com and would unhesitatingly pay to use this site. Both are worth it to me.Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest Simpit

Thanks for your opinions, Eric.Ed-I was having problems getting to them yesterday, but they seem to be showing up now. Nels has posted a message talking about some IP address changes...Derek

Guest Edam

Hmm...I use Ad-Subtract Pro also, and have no problems with the site.

Could be coincidence, but I unloaded it and the site came right up. Personally, ain't ever gonna understand computers... Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest drobson

Ed,Some of the stuff at fs.com was moved to new servers, so there will most likely be a delay getting in until your IP refreshes their address tables. It should now be working again, at least for most users.Darrell

Guest Matt Johnson

Eric,If you have a query about how FlightSim.Com operates, I suggest you ask Nels about it, rather than posting possibly incorrect assumptions here in future.Regards,--M

Matt Johnson,Tell me one statement I mentioned that is not true and I will retract it. Nels can run his site any way he wants but everything I said about it is true. Sometimes I guess people don't like to hear the truth.

Eric 

Flightsim.com ------- Does NOT require it, & BTW, I donated to Avsim last year. Just about the same amount as a Flightsim.com membership. You can still easily acess the Flightsim.com forum pages by using this link: http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1If you want to keep up on what's new----------- then read both!L.Adamson

Guest Edam

Fortunately, I read the previous posts before posting my own. LAdamson beat me to the punch on this one. Read and understand, Eric!

Guest drobson

Eric,This dead horse you are beating needs to be buried, cause it's starting to smell!Everything that you have stated has been answered numerous times in the past. Some of the other responders have already pointed out your mis-statements.Darrell