Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

FPS of PMDG vs. PSS A330

I have the PSS A 330, and I am seriously considering the PMDG plane. I just wanted to know how the frames compare, because i run the PSS plane ok!

Guest ben_hewitt

FPS Exeterior: Better with the PMDG 737FPS 2D Panel: About the same..maybe just a tad slowerBased on 2D Panel with stairs model. :)

I've had much better framerates with PMDG! Overall the PMDG is a lot less buggy and much smoother! I wouldn't even consider buying the A330/340.

Guest ha5mvo

I'm with you on that one Antti!Just to answer the question, The FR's on my system (1.5G,512M,Ti4200) are very similar (with the PMDG 2d only variation) BUT, the pss frame rates keep going up and down like crazy which produces A LOT of stutters and makes the thing unflyable!As a matter of fact I am yet to finish a single flight and this product is deep-frozen until pss will come up with a patch that hopefully fixes it.It's a pitty, I realy did like their 320 series.As for PMDG, It's stable, fluid, offers outstanding features and whatever bugs are still there are definety minor. It also offers excellent performance if you will be ready to compromise on the VC.Not a difficult choice between the two :)*edit*//Mike

Guest LLgaz

>>>I've had much better framerates with PMDG! Overall the PMDG is a lot less buggy and much smoother! I wouldn't even consider buying the A330/340.<<

I have bought it, though I'm not using it anymore. The frame rates with PSS are ok if you set the gauge update rate below maximum, but that means the gauges are far too laggy. Otherwise it's a real frame rate killer. Of course the Airbus is cheaper, but I rather pay some extra to get quality in return.So if I was the person who started this thread, I wouldn't even consider buying the A330/340. ;)

Guest Len

I have both products. FPS in PSS is ok about the same as PMDG. Those who are blowing off the PSS product don't know what the #$ll their talking about. Both products are very good and indeed I would rate the PSS FMS better than PMDG's. The outside model of the PMDG is better as well as the VC. Better textures, etc. There is no virtual cabin of course for the PSS product. And the greatest thing of all for the PMDG - free liveries whereas you pay an arm and a leg for the PSS liveries.Len

Guest AUS Steve

On an AMD XP2K+ with outdated ram and an old GeForce 2, I am getting smooth performance with lots of extras turned on, but not at max levels. For the 2-D standalone cockpit, expect between 12-20 depending on the weather. I get the same in the 330. outside the NG is abit more forgiving, but if you're like me, you didn't( or aren't) purchasing these packages for the models. :)With your system specs, you should do just fine!I'm happy to say that the 330/340 work like a charm in '02, so it won't be leaving me anytime soon!

Thanks a lot guys! I guess I'll have to be getting it as soon as I get rid of those Credit Card bills!Kreg

For your information I have recently purchased the PMDG B737NG and am getting the following frame-rates (nil weather, 50% AI, everything else on Max)2D Cockpit views: 20-28fps (gauge update on default 10)Spot View: 38-54fps (38 with MS scenery, 54 with UK VFR scenery)Virtual Cockpit: 15-25fpsRegardsAdam MooreWin XP Pro P4 2.54Ghz1GB CRUCIAL RAMLeadtek Nvidia Ti4800SE 4xAGP 128MB GraphicsSAITEK JoystickCH USB Rudder Pedals

Guest jcomm

I can only describe whow things work with the NG737.I have fs2004 installed on wXP Professional, a Piv @ 2GHz, with 640 MB ram and a Geeforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB card.In my fs2004 settings I decided to select the following Display preferences:==> SCENERY=============> Terrain Mess Complexity: 50%=============> Terrain Texture Size: Medium=============> Terrain detail: Land only=============> Water effets: Low=============> Dawn/dusk texture blending: SELECTED=============> Extended terrain textures: NOT SELECTED=============> Special effects detail: Medium=============> Scenery Complexity: Dense=============> Autogen density: NONE=============> Add-on dynamic scenery: NOT SELECTED=============> Ground scenery casts shadows: NOT SELECTED=============> Sun glare: SELECTED=============> Lens flare: SELECTED==> AIRCRAFT=============> Global aircraft quality: Low=============> Virtual cockpit gauge quality: High=============> Reflections: NOT SELECTED=============> Aircraft cast shadows: NOT SELECTED=============> Landing lights: SELECTED==> WEATHER=============> Sight distance: 60 mi / 96 km=============> Cloud draw distance: 40 mi / 64 km=============> 3-D cloud percentage: 30=============> Detailed Clouds: coverage density Low==> HARDWARE=============> Target frame rate: 30=============> 1024x768x16=============> Render to texture: SELECTED=============> Transform & lighting: SELECTED=============> Anti-aliasing: NOT SELECTED=============> Filtering: bilinear=============> MIP mapping quality: 4=============> Hardware rendered lights: 4=============> Global texture size: SmallI allways fly with the 2D panel, comuting between SHIFT-3 and a view of only the PFD and ND slightly increased. I seldom use SHIFT-2 (just to check my flaps setting and autobrakes...)I get fps on the 25 to 30 range. It drops to 12-13 when the weather &/or scenery are really heavy.I LOVE this MSFS Add-On!!! I think it is the best so far. I started with PIC767, then PSS A320 in MSFS2002, and now NG is my preferred plane for fs9.

Guest DannyW

Looks like topic has been cooked. My observations are just oposite. A330 works much better. About the same in 2D but is much more stable and uses much less ram memory.

Guest Fortress

I can'r really tell much of a difference between the two during short (<3hr) flights. Go beyond four hours and whooaa! what a difference. The PMDG bird keeps on as smoothly as it did in the beginning, the the PSS is dragging it's feet big time on my machine; biggest problem being the draw/update rate if switching from internal to external view. I've also noticed that even with my 1gig RAM, my swap file usage for a 4-hour PMDG flight will be up around the 600MB by the end whereas with the PSS airbus my swap file tops out around 1.2Gig!!PSS performs well on short flights, but that kinda defeats the point considering the type of aircraft they are :-(Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/cin.gifwww.bavirtual.co.uk/cin.htm - please give generously!!Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

PSS's A330 runs better for me than the PMDG model. The VC framerate is terrible for me with the PMDG bird's VC, also none of the switches are interactive. I feel things will be much better once the patch is released for the PMDG 737NG. As things are now I can't understand how so many are claiming the PMDG model has better framerates performance than the PSS model, that's totally untrue (at least on the VC side of things).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2