Sign in to follow this  

FSCONV\panel.heavy.3 etc......

Could someone explain what the heck this is supposed to be and where I download it? I'm unable to find anything doing a search in the file library or the discussion forum on it, but several planes I download refer to something like this in the Panel config file, therefore the panels never work for me.Thanks for your help!Lance

Guest firehawk44

This is how FS identified panels in previous versions of FS. It's not used in FS2K2. Therefore, you'll have to download a panel made for FS2K2 to fit your aircraft. OR, you can "alias" a panel of an aircraft already on your system such as follows: (this is your panel.cfg):[fltsim]alias=b737_400panelThis would place the default 737 panel into your aircraft.Hope this helps!Jim

Aaahhhh, had a feeling. Thanks for your help!

Guest Dominik Mann

Don't declare anybody dead without a second look! :-) You know, I liked the idea of having a "common cockpit" folder like in the old days of FS98...and thus I resurrected the FSFSCONV folder in FS 2002. I simply created a folder of that name (memories never die... :-)), and inside that folder I created subfolders for all my 3rd-party panels. This means that, for example, there are folders named panel.a320, panel.737_200, panel.747_200, and many more.However, I've taken the "commonality" idea a step further, and also created folders for a number of custom sound sets, if used on more than one aircraft. These folders are named sound.dc8, sound.dc9, sound.a310 etc.. All I need to do is edit the default panel.cfg and sound.cfg files for the aircraft in question to point to fsfsconvpanel.xyz or sound.xyz .Sure, there's nothing new in that system, but as I said, I liked it and decided to revive it in FS 2002.Cheers,

There is an update file that someone uploaded very early in the fs2002 debut. It is fsfsc2k2.zip. However, I believe most simmers are downloading better individual files for their aircraft than these early models.

Yep, you're right about old habits Dom! I too have an FSFSConv folder for my 2K2, because I thought "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!Rob

Thanks for the replies all. Actually, I pretty much already do what the FSConvwhatever is supposed to do. When I find a panel I like I then download a different version of the same plane (Which usually comes with a crappy default panel) I just do "alias" the new downloads panel to the one I like.thanks for the help!Lance