Sign in to follow this  

An Idea...

Many of us love the virtual cockpit (and yes, we love the 2d cockpit as well), but we also know that the default AI aircraft (MD-83 and Dash-8) have neither a panel, nor a VC. We also know that the GMAX files for these aircraft are available. Here is my proposal: I would like to create VCs for those aircraft. I could use an existing freeware panel or someone could create an original panel for the 2d panel, and the VC would use the same gauges as that. I would appreciate feedback on this idea. Thank you, Earl

If you're skilled with Gmax, go for it. It's been done with the AI Piper Cherokee:pa28_lnrog.zippa28lnrog_update1.zipI've tried to do the same with the Dash-8, but I can't seem to get it right. I've successfully exported the exterior, as well as the interior (kind of ugly, but it wzs there), but whenever I export the two of them together, the plane ends up about two feet long.

Psycophant, I downloaded that a/c last month and I couldn't it to load in the sim. There was a gauge missing in the download since the archive showed zero when extracted. Do you have all the gauges? Julian

I think I do. I never checked. It runs fine on my system, though.

It doesn't on mine. I just get crash to desktops with it. I think it is because of the guages. I tried redownloading it and the same problem of a "zero" file size for one of the gauges.