Sign in to follow this  

Viewer for MS texture bmps?

Guest gasebah

Is there a godd freeware viewer out there for the bmp format of those textures? The built in XP viewer will not show them.Alex

Guest Heather 636

Since you are not dealing with simple bitmap images in the old-fashioned sense, these are a little more complex, layered, alpha, etc., etc.I'm no pro on this stuff, but I use DXTBmp which can be had at:http://www.netwings.org/library/Ratings/000000038.htmlAnother utility that can be had right here from AVSIM is:FS Texture Converter v1.02Filename: fstexconvert102.zipI haven't used this last one so can't really tell you much about it.Here's the description for it:File Description:FS Texture Converter allows conversion of BMP graphics to the various DXT (DirectX Texture) and FS Extended Bitmap formats as used by Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002. It has the ability to merge a base BMP file with an 256 color Alpha BMP mask to create transparent DXT textures for FS. This is useful for enabling ground textures to have the transparent water features as built into Flight Simulator. It may also be used to create transparent textures for models in FS as well. Can be run in normal Windows mode or through an invisible commandline batch interface. (MR) Filename: fstexconvert102.zip Added: 20th February 2002 Downloads: 1282 Author: Elrond Elvish Size: 502kb Good luck!Heather

While I find DXTBmp and incredibly easy and powerful tool to work with, I prefer Imagetool for quick-viewing og extended textures. I have .bmp files assigned to Imagetool, so they open up with a mere double-click. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with DXTBmp.

One should point out that only the Imagetool released with 2k2 Pro works with the newer DXT1 format. DXTDMP is a good alternative for those without 2k2 pro....

Guest gasebah

Thx fr all the help guys. Basically I only want to have a look at the textures to assign corresponding agn files frm either MS or autogenius. Flying in Europe mostly I am using Lennart's textures. I am also a big fan of autogenius but not all the autogenius agns fit Lennart's textures well. I found out that if you simply replace the autogenius agns that do not fit with Lennart's texs with the MS default agns you get a pretty good mix and can use both, autogenius and Lennart's textures.Alex

If that's the case, you can view the textures in the Autogen tool.

Guest gasebah

You mean the autogen SDK?Alex

Yes. Annotator.exe will open the scenery texture.