Sign in to follow this  

AA 727-200 Advanced - what are these gauges for ? (Pic)

I'm no expert but they look like 'annumciator' panels to me. They are a series of lights that light up when something goes wrong or when something is engaged.Eg. If the oil pressure is too high, a small 'panel' will light up in red saying 'oil pres' or something like that.When you turn 'Anti-Icing' on then a little green panel lights up saying 'anti-ice.That's what I think they are.The one to the top let of the panel, next to the 'artificial horizon' looks like it is the autopilot panel. When you swithch to alt mode on the auto pilot then a little green light will come on saying 'ALT'The ones in the middle by the throttle probably show the fuel, engine, oil status.The one on the right that says "WARN", I am not sure what it's for but I am guessing it's the stall warning or gear problems warning.Hope it helpsMike

From memory... (so wish me luck)Top left is the hyd systems warning lights for the A and B systems of elevator, rudder, and aileron. Also called the "six pack". Top Right (edit - read P3 response below)Middle???Well, I don't recall that particular arrangement, but most likely the flaps, spoilers and trim condition lights.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Top Right, Warning Light, goes off when gear not downat low alt., gear down at high alt. flaps not in right spot for speed. spoiler/speed brake on but no need for speed brakes.Top center, Yaw damp light. comes on when abouve 250IAS and YD offBottom center, Spoiler/speed brake lights There are 3 lights in this one, top lets you know spd brks deployed, middle lets you know you need drag, bottom shows spd brks are armed. :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2n.jpg

Its hard dusting off the old brain cells on the three-holer panel eh Kathy?Timothy

Guest Basten_TFF754

Where can I get that panel?Regards,Basten HeidemaBill Grobowski's*MD11 BETA Team*___________________________Basten Heidema The Netherlandsbasten@cheatsplaza.com

(Dusting off brain cells)It is bundled with a 727 in American AL paint. I think you can find it by searching in the library under FS2002 Aircraft.There is another rather fun little 727 panel bundled with a TWA paint that has a FE Panel (awwww brings back such sweat memories of being a plumber)Timothy

Ya know Tim, there are some brain cells better left un-dusted (If ya know what I mean):):)

If this panel comes with an American 727 of any variety, you'll have to use your imagination because this is not an AA panel, by a long shot.The AA 727's all had:-Vertical tape radar altimeter readouts (see 767PIC)-Third altimeters at the top of the center stack left of the engine -instruments.-Different ADI - single cue flight director-Autopilot controls on the center pedestal not by the fire handles-Fewer annunciatorsAnd so on.Not to say this is a poor panel - it appears to be very good from the picture included above. Just not an AA airplane. More like Braniff or Eastern, as I recall.Tony Vallillo

When a plane gets as long in the tooth as the 727, they tend to get shunted around between carriers. Or even within the same carrier with updates and such....I think UPS even has glass on their 727sI have sat in several 727s with the same paint but with subtle panel differences, keeps life interesting.Timothy

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Search for Charles Fox. Its his panel. His FS2000 panel had the "tape" RADALT. Maybe something to do with the FS2K2 conversion and couldn't use it. Don't know why he changed it. He also changed the clock. The one that comes with the TWA 27 is also a very nice panel it has 360 views also. Though I do wish the FE Panel was a window vice on the rear_right view.Love the B727's here. Though like Kathy I was pulling the gauges names/fuctions out of the air as I have flown the 27 but like twice since moving from FS2000 to FS2K2 a couple of months ago. Been doing a lotta GA flying lately.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2n.jpg

In the real aircraft, the upper left "Comparator" will illuminate if there is a split between the captains and f/o's flight instruments, either attitude platform, heading, etc. beyond tolerance. The red warning light above the gear handle illuminates when there is a failure of essential power, which on the 727 is always set to the #3 bus, and can be changed by the f/e

Hmmm, don't think that is a comparator they tried modeled here, but the Approach Progress Display Panel that displays the F/D status (left side) and the A/P status (right side) they display armed(yellow) vs capture(green). It's normally located to the left of the pneu brake handle.Generally on the the 727 the comparator is a horizontal yellowish looking annuciator stripe above the ADI. The older 737 had them too.Timothy