Sign in to follow this  
Guest rugerdog

Ian Ridell's blade seals :)

Guest rugerdog

Here is a very good view of a 737-700 main gear blade seal (the rubber flap looking thingy around the hole in the bottom of the photo where the wheel gear comes up through during retraction). :)http://www.airliners.net/open.file/057299/L/

Guest rugerdog

Riddell has two 'd's, my bad.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Now find a shot taken from the inside with the gear UP to see if the seals let any light through :-hahFailing that, I wonder how well the gear position viewing port (window) works with the gear up? (You'd have to lift some carpet in the main cabin to do this however ;-)).Cheers.Ian.

Guest Ian_Riddell

Unfortunately, James, the spelling of my name may not be an issue in the near future... My bosses/managers have beeen leaning on me pretty hard not to post stuff about airplanes on public forums (a company rule which I've been breaking for some time now). I may have to go incognito.... but this is against AVSIM forum rules not to post your real name, so.... I don't quite know which way to go from here :-(Cheers.IrAiNddell ;-)

Aaaargh!!We can't lose your stake in Avsim. Just think of something... It's making me angry, that there must always be some RULE NOT to do anything. It's as if this world was a place where every piece of information should only be allowed to the few privileged ones grrrrr.TeroIanRiddell fanclub ;D

PPL(A)

Guest ba747heavy

>IanRiddell fanclub ;DWhere can I join? :-hah

So the next time I see a passenger to take a peek under the carpet during approach and shout "GEAR DOWN", I know he (or she ;) ) is a member of this club.There are in fact lots of small gadgets on an aircraft... Who wants to know how to unlock the lavatory doors? :) Hopefully noone...

The 737NG's do not have gear viewing windows. Instead, there is an independent set of landing gear lights on the overhead panel. What will they think of next!Floyd

Guest puppypoo

HiInteresting stuffTed

>So the next time I see a passenger to take a peek under the>carpet during approach and shout "GEAR DOWN", I know he (or>she ;) ) is a member of this club.>>There are in fact lots of small gadgets on an aircraft... Who>wants to know how to unlock the lavatory doors? :) Hopefully>noone...Funnily enough I did have to unlock the toilet door in a 747-400 once.I was in business class and after we had taken off I got up to go to the toilet and the door wouldn't open. The stewardess said it was broken. On the base of the door is a spring loaded latch, I flicked that, pulled the door off and reseated the mirror that had come loose during takeoff. Put the door back on and did what I had to do. Needless to say I had really good service for the rest of the flight :)ScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg