Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Flight One 421C/Archer II

Help Anyone;I have both the Cessna 421C and the Archer II. My question is: does anyone know how to modify the Panel CFG of the 421C so that the transition from the Main panel to the Landing panel is the same as it is with the Archer? With the Archer, if you are using the Landing panel and pan left or right, when you hit the key to return forward you are still in the Landing panel. With the 421C if you hit that key it puts you back to the Main panel so that you now have to click on the panel eyebrow to get back to the Landing panel.Also, with the Archer, you can go back and forth from either 2D panel(Main or Landing) to the Virtual panel. With the 421, you can only go to the Virtual panel from the Main panel. The Landing panel goes to an open screen when the "s" key is pressed.If anyone knows how to make the modifications I would appreciate it if you could give me that infomation or the link to their forum. I was there the other day, but I don't know where I got the link and I didn't copy the address.Thanksmaxsdad

No sure dont. There have been a number of requests on their forum but not sure if this was something flight1 said for sure they would make good. I too find this very annoying. I think there was an assumtion that if you are landing your not going to look anywhere else.BobG

Guest UweR

Hi, it is possible :-)Attached is a text file with the changes, just copy and paste to your panel.cfg I didn

Some times things just have a way of working out. I just completed a dusk landing into Whittman Field (Oshkosh) with the 421. Most of the flight was with the VC cockpit & spot views from Meigs Field. Using the 2D "landing" panel to make a few last minutes adjustments, I was having a tough time keeping the runway in sight. By switching to virtual for a more adjustable view, I got the full "wide" screen & low & behold, the runway was perfectly in sight. Much easier to see than either the virtual or 2D landing view! I just ended up keeping it there with digital speed readouts (ShiftZ) in the upper left corner of the screen.Full screen isn't always my favored technique over 2D landing & virtual views, but this time it was for the better!L.Adamson

Guest Ken Meier

Worked Great!!!!K

Uwe;You are a prince. I will update and try it tomorrow. Since I see someone already has, I have no doubt that it will work for me too.Many Thanksmaxsdad

Guest PhilC

Well Uwe, it didn't work for me. The instructions say copy and paste to your panel.cfg file but the file you provided looks like an entire panel.cfg file... so, after backing up my original, I just replaced the one for my 421. Did I do something wrong?UPDATE ----------------------Never mind. Somehow I copied the data into the wrong folder.Thanks Uwe!

Uwe;I tried your file today and it didn't work for me. I tried using just your CFG and putting them side by side and just adding what was different in yours to the orig and just could not get it to work. I got some very strange things when I tried to change from the main panel to the landing panel and still couldn't get the virtual panel to show from the landing panel. Nothing I did would work. I just bought my 421C this week so maybe they changed something somewhere since you bought yours that is making our files incompatible.Do you know the address to their forum? I will just go there and see if I can get an answer there. The Archer panel works so well that I can't see why they wouldn't want to update the 421 panel to work the same way.Thanks for trying anyway.maxsdad

> The Archer panel works >so well that I can't see why they wouldn't want to update >the 421 panel to work the same way. >Although the Archer & the C421 are marketed by Flight1, it's not the same people building these models. The Archer is Dreamfleet & the Cessna 421 is from Flight1.

I didn't realize that. Well I still would like to ask.Thanks for making me aware.maxsdad