Sign in to follow this  

GF2 & GF4mx owners: do you get reflective surfaces?

Guest PaulL01

Hi,Your chance to help resolve this issue...The GF4mx cards should be supporting or displaying the reflective textures in FS2k2, after many driver versions they still don

I have an ASUS Geforce 2 MX with 32 meg RAM -- I can get both water and aircraft reflective textures and always have done so with about 3 different drivers. Currently I am using the latest 29.40 drivers - having changed from the 29.13 .

I have reflective aircraft and water textures - looks nice. GeForce 2 Pro, 23.12 drivers, WinXP Home.

You are lucky - all I managed to get with them was a black screen in the FS window and a complete system crash. Previous drivers work fine (WIN2000)......

Guest Lindy

I'm running a brand new (for me) GEForce 2 Ti 64 mg card, nVidia drivers 21.83 (Win98SE). I have all the required options enabled in FS02. I get nice sparkly looking animated water in the Hawaii area; I get flat, cardboard looking water in the new Oshkosh scenery (looks like the water in the old ProPilot99 sim); and as far as I can tell, I'm not getting any refective surface effects on any planes (but the only ones I've looked at are the aluminium/paint re-dos for the 182 and the Caravan from RAS.)********(Edit): Okay, I went back to FS2002 and looked at some more of the default aircraft (which is the only kind I have right now, with the exception of the RAS repaints mentioned above). I get a nice reflective surface with the Bell copter; no reflective surfaces with the RAS repaints, Patty's Extra, or the King Air, at least none that I could see. But the reflective effect DOES work obviously, since it shows up with the Bell.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Guest Raptors4590

GRRRRRRIve got the GeForce4 MX 420 and I get NO reflections at all, im soo lonely without them. :(

No problem w/getting reflective textures and water effects on my 2/Ti.... Until today, I had only heard of GeForce 4/MX users with the problems. Are there some GeForce 2/MX users with the same issue? Running w/P3-800, 98SE, 256Megs, Visiontek 2/Ti (21.83 drivers)

Guest ScottPilot

I used to own a Geforce 2MX card with 64MB ram and had all the reflections and water effects in FS2K2 Pro.Then I upgraded to the new Geforce 4 MX440 to get the dual monitor support, and since then NO reflections or water effects other than the waves on the beach and the water trails from float planes.This was a major dissapointment since the GF4 MX technology wasn't supposed to be that much different from the GF2 line of cards with the exception of an increase in performance.I have tried many things to get the reflections to work, but no luck.I fly alot of IMC now, so I don't have to look at the water.What is strange however, I get reflections and many other very good effects with many other games, simulations, and screen savers.Strange Huh?Scott :-)

Never have had a problem with reflections, although aircraft reflections slow things down somewhat and water reflections slow things down a lot. I usually have aircraft reflections enabled and detail-only for the water.Make sure Multi-Texturing is enabled or you won't see any reflections no matter what your hardware.WinMEAMD Duron 1.2768 MB RamMacrovision GeForce 2 MX/MX400 w/64MBNVidia 29.42 WHQL

Guest PaulL01

Hi John,Yes it is mostly a GF4mx problem, but I have come by more than one post of a Gf2 user not being able to use them, I had a GF2MX myself and had no issue but since the two cards are so close I thought it might be a good idea to include them.Take Care,

Guest PaulL01

Where did you folks all go? Must have traded up to a better card! :)

Guest SlimDady

I have a geforce 2 GTS.. I get reflective textures...U sure u turned it on under display options

Guest PaulL01

>I have a geforce 2 GTS.. I get reflective textures... >>U sure u turned it on under display options Thanks Slim, I dont suffer from the problem myself, I am just trying to generate some data so that those with the problem can get it resolved. :)

Guest BrianC

No trouble here with my GF2 Pro 64MB with any driver revision.Brian